General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vin check

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Default Vin check

I just picked up a Escalade and the stereo was changed, however I'm in doubt whether the dash and gauges have also been swapped and I'm mainly concerned about the millage. Can someone please run the full CARMAX on VIN# 1GYEK13R3XR407570 and copy and paste it on this thread. Thanks in advance...

Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Certified Members

well you can go to CARFAX your self and get the full report its gona cost money just like anybody else. so if anybody does one for you they will probly want money for doing it. the first thing you should have done was carfax any car before buying it if you have concerns. That way the person selling it cant hide any defects or accidents that may have happened.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Certified Members

not allowed ...

posting carfax data is a violation and carfax does take serious action against a website that allows it !
they will also cancel an account of the person that puts in the post.

now, what happens between friends, in private, is another thing all together.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Certified Members

03 having cluster changed would not be a surprise GM had issues with the in 03-04 full size truck...and maybe a little longer. The cluster has to be programmed to the truck for stuff to work, mileage is burned into the chip - once its there it can't be change. For someone to alter mileage there would be several people involved, penalties are too high and would have a paper trail to make it worth it. Give VIN to dealer ask them to pull a VISS on it for warranty status, and request copy. It will show what if any warranty left, mileage and date when GM paid for anything done to truck, it's normally free and if warranty is blocked vs expired then there is a problem.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by stomper
not allowed ...

posting carfax data is a violation and carfax does take serious action against a website that allows it !
they will also cancel an account of the person that puts in the post.

now, what happens between friends, in private, is another thing all together.

Wow I didnt know that !
I know another Lac site that does it regularly.
There's a guy there that subscribes and pays to car fax regularly and he is allowed X amount of searches for any vehicles over a certain time.

If he has any left over he does searches for people that ask all the time.
Hes bein doin it for years.
It was my understanding that if you have an account and someone wants a search you can search it and give that person the info.

How you decide to present that info to the other party should be your own business. If they want to receive it in a thread, email, phone, text, etc.....I dont see what business it is of car faxs'.

It is very odd to hear that ?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Certified Members

that some do it doesnt make right or legal. read to the end.

Originally Posted by Mrmojorisin
Wow I didnt know that !
I know another Lac site that does it regularly.
There's a guy there that subscribes and pays to car fax regularly and he is allowed X amount of searches for any vehicles over a certain time.

If he has any left over he does searches for people that ask all the time.
Hes bein doin it for years.
It was my understanding that if you have an account and someone wants a search you can search it and give that person the info.

How you decide to present that info to the other party should be your own business. If they want to receive it in a thread, email, phone, text, etc.....I dont see what business it is of car faxs'.

It is very odd to hear that ?

I agree to pay a one-time charge of $39.99 (USD) plus applicable sales tax in the following states: CT, DC, HI, NJ, NM, NY, SC, SD, TX, WA and WV, according to my card issuer agreement. This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase, and is intended for my personal use only.

Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited
. "Commercial Use" is defined as use by persons engaged in the business of researching, buying and/or selling of automobiles, the resale or redistribution of Reports, or any other business purpose as determined by CARFAX, Inc. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ANY SUSPECTED COMMERCIAL USE WILL LEAD TO THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE SUFFICIENT PROOF THAT YOUR USE IS PURELY PERSONAL. FAILURE TO DO SO PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WILL RESULT IN THE DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, WITHOUT REFUND, AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION. PROOF OF PERSONAL USE MAY INCLUDE: DETAILING HOW YOU ARE USING THE CARFAX ACCOUNT AND SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF THE SITES OR LOCATIONS WHERE YOU ARE FINDING THE VEHICLES THAT ARE BEING OFFERED FOR SALE. THE DETERMINATION OF PERSONAL USE IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF CARFAX, INC. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE, AND YOU AGREE TO PAY TO CARFAX, INC., AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $29.99 FOR EACH CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT THAT CARFAX, INC. DEEMS WAS ACCESSED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

Systematic retrieval of CARFAX Reports to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, a collection, compilation, database or directory without the express written permission of CARFAX is strictly prohibited.
CARFAX REPORTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL CARFAX, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE CARFAX REPORTS, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE, OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF CARFAX REPORTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL CARFAX'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR OBTAINING ANY REPORTS OR OTHER INFORMATION FROM www.carfax.com.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CARFAX and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of your use of the CARFAX Reports.
This Customer Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, including but not limited to, the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act ("UCITA"). You hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of any state or Federal court of the Commonwealth of Virginia, acknowledge that venue is proper in the Commonwealth of Virginia, agree that any action related to this Customer Agreement must be brought in a state or Federal court in the Commonwealth of Virginia, waive any objection that may exist, now or in the future, with respect to any of the foregoing.
If you purchased the Unlimited Account and are not 100% satisfied, you qualify for a refund if:
> You have not, nor has any member of your household, received a refund from CARFAX within the last 12 months.
> You have run two or less CARFAX Reports on the Account.
> Your refund is requested within 90 days of purchase.
> A refund will not be provided if you have used the CARFAX Report or service for commercial purposes or otherwise violated the terms of use.

Last edited by stomper; 09-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM

I do not see how it applies.
And yes I have read it to the end.
If anything. It appears that dealers are exempt from using it.

""Commercial Use" is defined as use by persons engaged in the business of researching, buying and/or selling of automobiles, the resale or redistribution of Reports, or any other business purpose as determined by CARFAX, Inc."

Though that is regularly said to be done. LOL

No where does it say that an individual member can not search for his and or his own self and or friends/family.

Getting a fax report for some one that is a member in a forum is not subject to there terms and conditions.
And it also does constitute compilation of information.

I still do not see what it is that you are referring to.

An individual as you and or I having access to Car-Fax and doing a search for some one here within the forum is not a breach of the car-fax contract.

Posting that information here for that individual is also not a breach of that contract.

If the owners of this site, and or other members, decided to take it upon themselves to separate and compile that info for whom knows what reason/s.
Then that may be a conflict of interest.

But other then that. There is nothing wrong with some guy runnin a car-fax for some other guy and giving/posting that info.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

the one you may be referring to is the commercial dealer use, which is a whole different ball game.

Originally Posted by stomper
that some do it doesnt make right or legal. read to the end.

I agree to pay a one-time charge of $39.99 (USD) plus applicable sales tax in the following states: CT, DC, HI, NJ, NM, NY, SC, SD, TX, WA and WV, according to my card issuer agreement. This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase, and is intended for my personal use only.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Ya......MY personal use.....
If I aint makin money off it. Its not commercial or anything as they state. MY personal use to run a fax on ANY vehicle I want to.
MY personal use is to use it for MY personal friend.

The way thats written is self explanatory. Contracts are more then ONE line and or ONE word. I dont believe there is anything wrong with using it to check a car for anyone.
All one has to say is that I was curious too about it too. That sounds personal to me.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Mrmojorisin
Ya......MY personal use.....
If I aint makin money off it. Its not commercial or anything as they state. MY personal use to run a fax on ANY vehicle I want to.
MY personal use is to use it for MY personal friend.

The way thats written is self explanatory. Contracts are more then ONE line and or ONE word. I dont believe there is anything wrong with using it to check a car for anyone.
All one has to say is that I was curious too about it too. That sounds personal to me.

i cannot disagree with that.