General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

thef system disable

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Default thef system disable

i already asked the same question yesturday but i have anotherone i did get my responce but i asked a mechanic witch he told me he had little experince on cadillacs and he told me it might be different things and i just wanna see if its true this is what he told me Erick,
I have seen that problem a few times.There are many possibilities but more often than not it may beeither a security relay/switch that is going bad or the central security computer is bad. You could also have bad grounds that may cause that problem as well. Give mea call to make arrangements to drop it off.

just want to know if those things would be the problem to witch the problem is when i try to turn on the car it tells me starter disablethe other warning sign is theft system problem car may not restart

Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: thef system disable

Ignition cylinder can cause both, and is generally where diagnosis will start. I'm not sure I trust your mechanic, from this post. If you choose to have him repair car post what he finds.