General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Stability system problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Default Service Stability system problems

So I used to be on the forums a year ago under another name pretty frequently. Then I got crazy busy with a new job and have been working since then until this monday when I was laid off. I have been trying like crazy to remember which email I used and what login but I cant. Anyway, now I have plenty of time to surf the forums with my new ID. I love Cadillacs and I love both of mine I have. I damn near stole a 2000 Deville about 6 months ago. And I also have a 99 STS. I must say of the two I like the STS more but the Deville is also very nice. In the past month I have been getting error codes out the back side. The service stability system message comes up and when I pull the codes I get (most frequently):

ABS C1223- Left rear wheel speed sensor input signal is 0
ABS C1227- Left rear excessive wheel speed variation
ABS C1234- Left rear wheel speed circuit open or shorted
AMP U1064- Loss of communication with DIM
DDM B2200- Left front window switch stuck in up position ( not really worried about this one)
DDM U1301- Class 2 short to battery

When I go to brake,this only happens occasionally, when pressing down on brake pedal I get a momentary feeling of the brakes slipping then the service stabillity system message comes up. But i get no Indication of something being wrong with the brakes or any brake codes.

Any ideas as to the problem, and also considering my situation the cost? I would hate to have to get rid of one of the cars but would if I had too. I have called a dealer and they want to charge 150 $ just to open the door and wont apply that towards any repair.

Sorry I forgot to add I am planning to replace rear shocks with new pair from Arnott if I have enough $$$$ left over after finding out what is wrong with my steering ( it is making the classic whining sound and leaking fluid). So I am thinking steering pump or it would be nice for it to just be lines that need to be replaced. Either way if that would fix the problem please let me know.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Loving Caddys

Last edited by ILOVECADILLACS; 05-21-2009 at 09:39 AM.