General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Ride Control error message.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Default Service Ride Control error message.....

Just hadthe new fuel pump and filter put on which cured the engine just stopping at any time. Drove it to work yesterday, engine has been running fine, back to it's old self after the loose plug wire was found. I get to work and get a trouble warning message I've never seen, " Service Ride Control". So now I'm thinking, "well they left a plug wire loose sowhen they were putting on the fuel pump (????)did they disturb something in the ride control?" You think I'd even think about letting them get back near it?
Is there a connection or something back there near the fuel tank that could have been left loose when the fuel pump was put in? When I got home this morning, sitting in the driveway with the engine running, I heard a slight tapping noice every 2-3 seconds or so coming from the rear of the car. Is that a clue to what might be causing the fault warning with the ride control? Is there something that I might be able to get to and have a look at for a loose connection or something they forgot to put back right when they put in the fuel punp? - Thanks, Jim H.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Service Ride Control error message.....

i be crawling under the car and checking the connectors to the suspension.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Thank you, I'll be having a look at it this morning. - Jim H.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

There are ride height sensors that connect the control arms to the chassis.
They attachvia a rod with plastic ball ends.
It very common for a tech to accidently pull these apart and not realize it.
I bet i did it a dozen times or more when i first started.

Hopefully that's all it is.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 PM

I crawled under it today and checked everything out and everything that I could see seemed to be where it's supposed to be and the electrical connections were together. I moved them all around regardless to see if one might have been a hit or miss connection. The "Service Ride Control" doesn't come on right awayonly after a few miles. The car is still sitting level. This might be another tough one but I'll be damned if I'm taking it back to the local dealer. They'll find this andwhen I get it back two more things will be wrong with it.I'll put money on it. - Jim H.