General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possesed remote mirror

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Default Possesed remote mirror

This is my second post in two days. Very good people on this site. Thanks. I recently purchased a 2000 STS. I tested the vehicle and all seemed fine. I went back to pick it up and he said the drivers window regulator and switch were bad and he replaced it. Now when we start the car the drivers mirror goes into what appears to be a calibration cycle. It goes crazy in all directions for about 15 seconds like it is trying to figure out its travel limitations. I know that the window regulator issue should not play into it but this was the only thing done before picking up the car. We have tried resetting driver #1 and #2 memory but to no avail. Is there a way to reset the PCM or .....................?????? Any ideas or sugesstions please.
I am worried that the mirror will destroy itself. Also there are no codes. Thanks again.
Ken

Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Possesed remote mirror

ORIGINAL: vette355

This is my second post in two days. Very good people on this site. Thanks. I recently purchased a 2000 STS. I tested the vehicle and all seemed fine. I went back to pick it up and he said the drivers window regulator and switch were bad and he replaced it. Now when we start the car the drivers mirror goes into what appears to be a calibration cycle. It goes crazy in all directions for about 15 seconds like it is trying to figure out its travel limitations. I know that the window regulator issue should not play into it but this was the only thing done before picking up the car. We have tried resetting driver #1 and #2 memory but to no avail. Is there a way to reset the PCM or .....................?????? Any ideas or sugesstions please.
I am worried that the mirror will destroy itself. Also there are no codes. Thanks again.
Ken
Did they power down when they pulled the regulator? They should have.

Try this and see if anything changes ...

POWER DOWN all systems and reboot.
A lot of computer equip in that car and yes, at times, they behave like your desktop.

Disconnect battery for 15 minutes, have a beer, then reconnect, dont touch anything for a couple of minutes, allow the computers to stabilize. Then see what happens.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Default RE: Possesed remote mirror

Thank you very much. Never thought about that. The beer break gives one incentive. Have a good one.
Ken