General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Default No power to dash

I have a 1997 eldorado when i bought it...it had an aftermarket stereo in it that kept shorting out so i took the dash apart and saw that the guy had the power wire and antenna wires hooked up wrong so stupid me i rewired the power without unhooking the battery and now i have no power to my climate control and my instrument cluster has no power either dosent show gas, rpms, speed, temp also cannot roll up windows. The only thing on dash that lights up is the ses...no fuses blown in trunk or in engine compartment is there any hidden fuses? or did i kill the Comp? anyone know what this could possibly be would greatly appreciate the help...Thanks

Old 09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Default RE: No power to dash

Btw car starts runs fine...somebody told me to check the voltage regulater could this possibly be the problem?...if anyone thinks this could be the problem were do i locate it?... and is there anyway to test it? I know i made a stupid mistake by not unhooking the battery but i really need some help here guys... i know this is a free site and its helped me with alot of things but cant find anything for being retarted..lol[8D]..so any help would be much appreciated...and also none of the wires i hooked up arc'd if that helps...