General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kathy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Default Kathy

have recently purchased a 2006 Cadillac CTS - we live in Alberta, Canada - on the second day of owning this vehicle we had a frosty night - when I went out to start the car - after several minutes, a popping sound came from the interior of the car. After investigating I determined that it was coming from the speakers - we had 2 weeks of cold weather after that and each time I start the car I get the same popping/feedback noise coming from the speakers. Once the car warms up the noise goes away, and only at that point am I able to listen to the stereo. All this time while the popping is going on, the stereo/radio will not work but other components of the electronic dashboard seem to work. Even when I turn the car off and remove the key, the popping continues. When the weather got extremely cold, -30 degrees Celcius, when I would use the automatic car door opener - the popping noise would also start. A couple of times, I parked inside a heated garage, during these cold days - there was no problems. So that is telling me that it has something to do with the temperature and the electronics of this vehicle. All other parts of this car work extremely well, and you can tell it was well looked after - I purchased this from the original owner, who always kept it in a heated garage. This is my first Cadillac and my first luxury car...and I love it - with the exception of that confounded noise. If any one has ever heard of this or could offer a solution, I would be most appreciative. I am almost ready to disconnect the stereo/amplifier - but would like other suggestions - and no I am not building a garage for it, as I have one but it houses my husband's antique truck and he won't push over to make room for this car.

Last edited by kwedge1; 12-05-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Wanted to delete this thread as I resubmitted a new one with a better title.