General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just gotta my engine replaced still having problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Default Just gotta my engine replaced still having problems

I just got my engine replaced with another 4100, i wanted a 307 to put in but the dude said it wouldn't mount back correctly and would have to change my dual pipes around. After two weeks of fixing i got it out last tuesday drove it to charleston, sc for class and it started jerking whenever i accelerated, like it was still having trouble getting gas and hard idealing when i slowed down. It seems it wanna keep on going when i step on the brakes so i gotta shift into neutral just to stop or it will switch off or jerk violently. Please don't say its tranny problems i just got the engine of course and two months before that a rear end im bout tap out on cash what should i do for an easy fix. also i have a lot of wiring problems i dont have heat or air my dash doesnt light up, had to run a hot wire to my cigarette lighter just to run my radar detector, a whole lot of mess just to get it like i want it please guys help me out so i could get my caddy to run like the beauty she is.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by bigjoe4289
I just got my engine replaced with another 4100, i wanted a 307 to put in but the dude said it wouldn't mount back correctly and would have to change my dual pipes around. After two weeks of fixing i got it out last tuesday drove it to charleston, sc for class and it started jerking whenever i accelerated, like it was still having trouble getting gas and hard idealing when i slowed down. It seems it wanna keep on going when i step on the brakes so i gotta shift into neutral just to stop or it will switch off or jerk violently. Please don't say its tranny problems i just got the engine of course and two months before that a rear end im bout tap out on cash what should i do for an easy fix. also i have a lot of wiring problems i dont have heat or air my dash doesnt light up, had to run a hot wire to my cigarette lighter just to run my radar detector, a whole lot of mess just to get it like i want it please guys help me out so i could get my caddy to run like the beauty she is.

model and year?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Default Model and Year

1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 4dr HT4100 sorry for not posting that with the original post.