General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Default I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into

Unbeleivable,, I spent a lot of time trying to find out where this line goes,
I don't recall unplugging it of course,, ( see the picture of the hose )

that hose is coming from the transmission and i am just lost, so if you can recognice this hose please tell me where it goes

this is the Cadillac Catera 2000 v6 3.0 engine.

It doesn't plug in the intake nor the plenum so help

Attached Thumbnails I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into-hose6.jpg   I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into-hose5.jpg   I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into-hose3.jpg   I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into-hose2.jpg   I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into-hose9.jpg  

Last edited by edgrmndz; 03-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Certified Members

you probably want to check in a Haynes shop manual or other shop manual for the catera. you can go to the libraray or buy one would be my sugestion. its hard to tell what it really is in the pics and the book most likely has a diagram of what hoses go where.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 AM

there is one hose down there which acts like a vent valve
just hangs around does the hose look like it had a clamp on it
or does it look like it was attached to anything

what about the bottom of the upper intake
close to the front there is a pipe there if i remember correctly

Last edited by gmtechs; 03-17-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by gmtechs
there is one hose down there which acts like a vent valve
just hangs around does the hose look like it had a clamp on it
or does it look like it was attached to anything

what about the bottom of the upper intake
close to the front there is a pipe there if i remember correctly

You know may be you just made my day,, this hose is like brand new at the end of it clearly doesn't show any sign of being plug to anything,, it doesn't have any mark on it like it had a clamp or it does not have any buldge like if it was just plug into something it would show the wear on it but again the end its just like a new hose. this hose is like a 3/8 size and the only hose of this size is the four hoses that you see on the picture and those are in the right spot since I did not disconected anyway, th other hoses are small like 1/8 or 1/4 size and there is only one on the upper intake next to the plug at the rear of the intake that comes tho the front and that is not it plus there is more by the brake booster and that is not it. So this line again is coming from the botton by the center of the transmission and the way is curves, it points to the rear by the firewall and points towards the direction of the water hoses and there is no more vacuum lines in that area. So the question is: are you sure there should be a hose that works as a vent hose??? in that area by the firewall coming from down there somewhere?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Certified Members

I can't see the pics very well, even enlarged...
Are you sure it is not the transmission vent hose? It would come up from around the center of the firewall, possibly off to one side or the other...

Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM

there should be one back there that is open to air

ok i remember its just loops around and hangs back there
the 4 on the plastic at the top all go to something

Last edited by gmtechs; 03-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 PM

is it attached down there or is it free

Ok this line is coming from way down there on top of the transmission and comes up between the firewall and the back of the engine and ir curves down and hangs there where I found it,, i am pretty sure is not one of the four hoses attached to the black plastic thing on top of the plenum but i am going to double check since i know for sure where three of them comes from but the fourth one I am going to follow it and see where its coming from, but again I follow the line in question and it goes down way down along side the top of the tranny who knows where so its not a little piece I would say its a good 3 foot long or more

Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM

is it attached down there or is it free
down there its attached because I tried pulling and its like its attached but I didn't want to pull too hard tough, but I am pretty sure its attached

Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 PM

if u go to the back of the tranny on the top u should find the other end of the hose
give it a little pull and see if the other one moves
if it does
its the vent valve

Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Ok I put the car back togheter and all is running good,, I left the hose hanging there right behing de other 4 hoses on the plastic cover,
the car runs ok engine is smooth really smooth so there is no vacuum leaks,, a friend of a friend that has actually two cateras said that the
hose just hangs there because its a vent so all is confirmed, my mistake is that I noticed it only when I was putting everything back together and
not when I took it apart. so all is ok and thank you all for your help,
I really appreciated your concern.

Quick Reply: I can't find where this vacuum line plugs into