General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am fed up with this Escalade!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Default I am fed up with this Escalade!

I have got to say I am extremely disappointed with our 2006 Escalade ESV. We were so excited to get this truck and within the first year it has been a MONEY PIT!

I understand some of this is normal wear and tear but this thing is falling apart. I have replaced the folowing in the last 10 months: water pump, front diff, rear hatch lock actuator, driver door lock actuator, air suspension compressor, navigation system, seat warmer electronics, and now when the car has sat outside in the rain water leaks on my left foot on the drivers side when i leave the driveway!

I think this is my last Cadillac. Although I really like the styling and the comfy seats. But the reliability is in question

Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM

Escalade is once again in the shop for : rear end rebuild, front driver side wheel hub, F and R brakes and next week it goes in to les Schwab for new 17" wheels and tires. I am actually kind of excited to have this car back to stock configurations and everything fixed and running perfectly. Even if it did cost me another $3800. I have spent over $5k in repairs this year. I pray I am done for at least 5-10 years on anything major

Old 11-15-2013, 07:53 PM

You can look at it in 2 ways... either it's (1) a money pit, or (2) It was a Restoration. My 2002 Cadillac Deville needs front struts, rear shocks, rear air compressor, transmission work, front cigarette lighter, and valve cover gaskets. I don't look at it as needing repair, I look at it needs Restoration! Like the "glass half full/empty" outlook.

One thing you can also do is set up a separate bank account, like a Savings Account. Put like $200 per month in it. The primary reason for it will be for repairs. If the Escalade had no repairs (not gasoline or maintenance) for 2 years, your account will have $4800 before interest. When another major repair hits, you can fix it with no money problems. Just a thought.

One thing about Cadillacs... they are aggravating when they break down, but once they are either near OEM (original) or better, we forget the pain of the repair!

TS

Old 11-27-2013, 11:42 PM

Hello im curently having trouble with my rear driver side door, it wont lock and the window wont go down, the speaker does work. Any info. or help I would really appreciate.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Certified Members

Welcome AngeLoffer you should have started a new thread with what year and model of car you have. Then members maybe able to help you. So please repost your question

Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by AngeLoffer
Hello im curently having trouble with my rear driver side door, it wont lock and the window wont go down, the speaker does work. Any info. or help I would really appreciate.
Hello AngeLoffer,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing vehicle concerns with your rear driver door not locking, a window malfunction and a speaker not working. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation with you. If you are willing to work with a dealership, please let me know. Send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN LAURA" that includes your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hiser21
Escalade is once again in the shop for : rear end rebuild, front driver side wheel hub, F and R brakes and next week it goes in to les Schwab for new 17" wheels and tires. I am actually kind of excited to have this car back to stock configurations and everything fixed and running perfectly. Even if it did cost me another $3800. I have spent over $5k in repairs this year. I pray I am done for at least 5-10 years on anything major

there is a lot to be said for keeping a car original .. mods often create unexpected issues, wear, repairs ...

hope this last visit returns your ride to what it should be ...