General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code e27

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Default Code e27

Hi ive recently bought a 86 cadillac sedan deville for 100 dollars it was a still it just needed a tune up and it runs great with no major dents and all light workin except interoir lights thats a diff story. its afwd 4100 engine and the only hard code it has is E27 (i read its the open throttle signal switch). I guess the question is: is it the throttle positions switch thats in the chilton book or something else and what do i do to fix it.
Thx on any feedback.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Code e27

Hey Cad: Yes it is the throttle position sensor. If you are standing looking at the engine it will be on the left side of the throttle body. It has two screws that hold it in place and it is adjustable. Make sure all the wores are good and sound and the connections are good. Loosen the screws and adjust very slightly to the left. Check the engine performance to see if it has improved. If it has then leave it there, if not try the other direction a bit. This sensor sets the advance timing according to how much the gas pedal is pressed down. Good luck.