General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Welcome Message on Dispaly

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Default Changing Welcome Message on Dispaly

I just got a 2007 CTS sport that I love! Trouble is, when I start the car I get a welcome message to the previous owner (his name). How do I change that message or delete it on a non-nav radio?

Been looking for a while and all of the messages on this board really helped me with my decision to get this great car.

Attached Thumbnails Changing Welcome Message on Dispaly-capture1.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Certified Members

I believe the car would have to go to dealer only, for the change
rickyd

Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM

OK, try this. I have an 05 CTS and I was able to change the welcome message when I bought my car. Disclaimer: I don't know if the 05 and 07 are the same.

First to enter Personalization Menu; turn ignition on but do not start the engine. Tranz in park or neutral. Also make sure you are using the key you want associated with this message. My key fobs are numbered 1 and 2.

next, if your car has memory settings, press the appropriate button, 1 or 2, located on the drivers armrest. The display (DIC) will show which has been selected.

next Press the TUNE/SEL **** once to access the main menu of the DIC

next Turn the TUNE/SEL **** until SETUP is highlighted.Press the **** to access SETUP menu.

Scroll to the feature you want to change (personalization name) and press the ****.You should see a cursor onscreen. Turn the TUNE/SEL **** until you reach the letter you want; it should be highlighted. There should be a complete alphabet, upper and lower case and numbers as well as space and other characters. Press the **** to select the letter, it should then appear in the display. Continue until you have message you want.

Press the Back button in the lower right corner to exit and set your choice or let the screen time out and return to the main screen. If you make a mistake you can press the Back key but you will exit and have go back into the menu to edit the name. Or you can press the TUNE/SEL **** repeatedly to cycle thru all the characters until you reach the one you need to change, so, try not to make a mistake!

There is a buch of stuff in the Personalization menu you can change. Scroll thru all the options and set them up as you like.

Gosh, I hope your 07 is the same or similar to my 05! Good luck with it. Let us know how you make out.

Mike.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks Mike, I will give it a try and let you know!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 AM

How to is in owners manual. If you don't have one it can be downloaded at:http://www.cadillac.com/assets/pdf/o...cts_owners.pdf

Last edited by EricD; 03-03-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 AM

Thanks Eric!