General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Default Car Wax

I am sure this is quite the exhausted topic, but what does everyone think is the best car wax (or related product) for bringing out the best shine as well as protecting my paint?

Old 07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Car Wax

if you scroll down a bit, we have a detail section, and one of our vendors, autogeek, specializes in detailing supplies!

Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 AM

Hi...my boyfriend works at a car dealer and just recieved the best information from a detailer that works on their lot. Here are the best steps to take when you really want your caddy to shine:

1. wash the car using maguires soap (the gold line), for a sponge use a wooly sponge, for the wheels use a seperate microfiber cloth to avoid scratching them and use a scrub brush on the tires
2. dry the car using terry clothes that have been washed by themselves and dried in the dryer twice by themselves, this will remove alot of the white residue left on vehicles when using them brand new
3. this is the kicker...it takes a lot of time but man oh man does the car shine...mothers makes a clay bar that comes with a shine spray and caranuba wax....it may be a little pricey, but follow the directions of the clay bar use and it helps remove small particles from the paint so that when you wax the car it will be smooth and not dry with anything underneath it but that shiny paint
4. use bug/tar remover or paint laquer to remove tar, bugs, anything that hasn't come off yet, do not use this in excess, try to minimalize, i used q-tips to remove by leftovers
5. now use maguires nxt poly tech wax to create a sealant over the paint, leave this coat on for appr. 1 hour, remove with a buffer or terry cloth, this step can be repeated
6. the final step is the actual waxing, liquid can be used, i recommend maguires gold line or mother reflections), apply this as you would a normal waxing

i know this sounds like a lot but if you love your caddy you take the time out at least twice a year to show you care!!!

let me know what you think!!!

Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM

The previous post pretty much says it all.

I have used probably 10 different waxes, and find them comparable. It's probably difficult to be objective about wax quality when I wax my cars once every 6 weeks or so, therefore I probably have 20 coats of wax on 'em.

Anyways, I stick with a lot of Meguiar's products, but have been impressed with the new Turtle Carnuba wax. I always use a paste wax, and not the spray on waxes or liquid waxes. I feel that you need have it harden a little before removing it (probably just my skewed idea).

I follow the Meguiar's 5 step process on my cars. Wash, clay bar, paint cleaner, paint polisher, and and wax. I always keep a bottle of Meguiar's detailer in the my cars to get rid of bird droppings. That stuff eats into the clear coat, then the paint, so you should remove it ASAP.

Meguiar's runs a car car clinic in the area I live, and they show you how to keep the paint prisitine.

And no, I do not work for them.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Administrator

i am also a meguiars fan...

Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 PM

My husband swears by Zaino...the only stuff that he will use on the Vette and Caddy. It's expensive but it works very well! Recommend not applying in climate under 60 degrees F.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 PM

oh, and do make sure you clay bar that sucker! It's amazing the stuff you can pick up! Recommend 2x year- Spring and fall.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 PM

zymol is the best stuff you can buy, I bought it for my dad for christmas, and its unbeleiveable. It goes on almost like oil, and it doesnt turn rubber weatherstripping white. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Check out Rejex, you will never wax your car again. Clay and rejex, after rejex car must be out of the elements for 12 or 24 hours. There is a scientific reason for this that I won't go in to now. Do a google, I'm telling you , you will never wax your car again. Many allante drivers are aware of this stuff now, also many show cars use it because finish is easier to maintain once applied.

If anyone has used this stuff and not had good results please post your experiences.

Thanks,

G.A.R.Y.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Another vote for Maguire's multi step process.

Quick Reply: Car Wax