General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 sts info panel problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Question 94 sts info panel problems

Hey everyone I'm new on the forums so I hope this is in the right section. I recently purchased my sts for a couple hundred bucks needless to say it has its issues but overall good condition and a great runner. My problem is the info panel on the dash doesn't work. I've checked all the fuses that I know of under the hood and in the trunk. Everything seems fine there. The stock head unit was removed from the car with some wires cut I was curious if this could be part of the problem? In any event if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks

Old 08-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Certified Members

Which info panel is it? The speedo? Fuel info? The info under the speedo readout where the coolant temp and other info would be? A/C panel?
Do all of the other panels work/light up?
If the instrument panel has been out, and there are cut wires on the connectors back there, I'd certainly think that would be the place to start.
You probably need to have a good wiring diagram, and diagnostics tree to solve this one. The factory service manual would be really good.
If you know there are cut wires, is it possible that you can locate both ends, and splice them back, color to color/size?
Worst case scenario is that you'll need to replace the harness....

Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 PM

it is the fuel panel and the info panel underneath the speedo as well as the climate control panel. The climate controls work as far as defrost and temperature up down and blowing low through hi...just no display at all same with the other 2 displays. The unit that had been removed and wires cut was the stock cd/radio. I managed to get an aftermarket in there using just power ground and 12volt switched wires from a wiring diagram. however nothing was said about the information panels and none of my searching on the web has turned up anything.