General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4T80-E ISSUE, Trying to get get to the electrical plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 10:40 AM
Smile 4T80-E ISSUE, Trying to get get to the electrical plug

Hello Folks, I'm new here and this is my first Post. I have a 2009 DTS, just purchased it from my neighbor. He was the original owner and he took great care of her. Anyway, he had a transmission cooling line pop off, the clip failed. He drove it home and managed to pump out most of the ATF. I bought the car at a relatively good price, fixed the line and changed the fluid and filter. She worked for a very short period of time, then she lost everything, bands must be toast. I purchased a low mileage used 4TR80-E Transmission, 77 K Miles. The Monkies must have used a dic when they removed the Trans, they cut the wires instead of removing the plug. This is the main controlling plug that activates the internal silinoides, to make matters worse they pulled one of the wires loose. I thought the plug would come loose from the exterior. No way can I get it out out. The engine and Trans are removed and seperated. This was not a trivial job, by far the worst I have ever encountered. lol I have removed the side cover on the old Trans in a effort to get to the plug. The pump is removed, and the case still will not separate enough to get to the plug. Must be some more bolts I can't see. Anyway, this has SNOWBALLED, into a disaster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:39 AM

Hello Folks, no response? Anyway, I have had to go way deeper than I was hopping for. This is turned into a mess. The Pump, Valve body is now removed, the Case is split and the Plug out. I'm new to this, but so far you Folks haven't even given me any support. I'm going back in and probably will Buy a Rebuilt kit. Thanks for your help!