General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 STS auto unlock issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Default 2005 STS auto unlock issue

I am having an odd issue, and thought I would post it and see if anyone else has had this issue. My car still has a full warranty on it, so I know I can take it in, but I'm sure most of you agree with me, I just have to know what the deal is.

I am knew to the site, and not sure if this is a known issue. I did try the search and FAQ and didn't come up with anything.

So, to the issue I am currently having. My car has the auto unlock feature, so when I am near the car, you can pull on the front door handles, and it unlocks all the doors. Well, now it unlocks all the doors, but doesn't unlock the driver door. So, I pull on the handle, and three out of the four doors unclock. This happens with both key fobs, so it's not a battery issue, but I figured it wasn't as much seeing the other doors unlock. I did try to use my key, and that didn't work either, but my wives key does. I don't think that has anything to do with it, I'm guessing something is just wrong with my key. Regardless, this is really annoying, and a pretty new car to be having this issue.

I'm sure there are people on here who have heard of this issue, and I look forward to hearing what the issue could be.

Thanks,

Old 11-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Default RE: 2005 STS auto unlock issue

My (admittedly older) Caddys will not unlock the doors if the handle is pulled. Try opening the passenger door and see if the driver's door unlocks. I'm not really familiar with that system, but in my wife's '99 you can go into feature programming with the key on and in Park. This will allow you to program which doors to lock/unlock with the remote or when it's moved from/to Park etc.

Your system may be different enough that I don't have any helpful info for you though.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 AM

That is a good idea, I will look into that. I know I saw it in the menu, that you can add and remove doors, butI don't remember seeing drivers door that could be unchecked, but it's worth another look for sure.

Thanks,

Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM

I found out what the issue was. I took the car in for service, and they said there was corrosion around the sensor on the driver's side. They replaced that and the issue went away.