General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Deville engine jerks Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Default 2003 Deville engine jerks Please Help!

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 2003 Cadillac Deville. when I stop at a light or if I'm in park, the engine jerks like it's going to jump out of the car! I've had the engine and fuel injection cleaned but I think it may be the transmission, any info on what you think the problem is and how to fix it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by MrDK910

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 2003 Cadillac Deville. when I stop at a light or if I'm in park, the engine jerks like it's going to jump out of the car! I've had the engine and fuel injection cleaned but I think it may be the transmission, any info on what you think the problem is and how to fix it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

A few months ago my son calls me and says that his car is stuck, wont climb the hill and the transmission must have given up. I drive over with a gallon of gas, pour it in the gas tank and like a miracle, the transmission is fixed.

A couple months ago a cousin calls, her car is stuck in the FWY, her transmission blew up and she also says that the tires were smoking when the car skidded to a stop. I get there, car wont crank, we jump the battery still wont crank .. we got problems .. we tow the car .. I have a bad suspicion, I open the hood, and if you can believe it, the engine is lacking oil, none at all. I get my big wrench, try to turn the crank, its frozen .. the engine has seized.
So I tell her .. I got good news and bad news .. she says give me the good news 1st "your transmission is fine", she smiles .. the bad news is .. .. she cried.

In your case, if you go to a transmission shop, they will be very happy to overhaul it for you, hey they also got mouths to feed and rent to pay. But if you ask me, its probably the TPS. How many miles did you say?

I am not sure why so many blame the transmissions so quick these days, its not uncommon.
Maybe Midas and the other shops are doing a great job at marketing?

Last edited by stomper; 10-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Thanks, just for my information what is the TPS? as you can see my knowledge of cars is pretty limited, but thanks for the advice!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Throttle Position Sensor