General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Deville Factory Head and Punch Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Exclamation 2001 Deville Factory Head and Punch Amp

I have a 2001 Deville.
The factory stereo is in and there is a Punch amp Sub and 2 6x9's attached to it. When the car is running all the factory speakers come on and play fine, but the added ones the sub and 6x9's don't come on, I check the trunk and the AMP is ON, there is a scosche fai-3a that's connected to a canon plug in the trunk, this comes off of some existing wiring in the trunk im assuming the rear speakers original wiring (they were replaced and holes cut to fit 6x9's and sub in the back under the rear window)

The weirdest thing is that the speakers don't come on, sometimes after driving for a while i can click the switch on the scosche fai-3a from "line out" to "common ground" back to "line out" and they start playing.
WHY IS THAT? How do I make it so that they always play??

Hope this wasn't too confusing, I tried to give as much information as possible to better assist with an answer.

Also if i disconnect the scosche fai-3a the inside speakers all still play, and the amp still comes on., Im assuming the fa-3a is a LOC, from reading through the forums.
I read in a forum that the factory amp will not come on if it "senses" the factory sub as bieng disconnected therefore im assuming thats why its not sending sound through the trunk to the rear deck speakers.

Is there a way to trick it into thinking the sub is there?
I tried using resistors as I saw in one forum, i bought 22k-ohm resistors 1/2 watt 5% tolerance and spliced them in between the cannon plug and the fai-3a

Heres my diagram of the setup