General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Seville air condition blower

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Default 2000 Seville air condition blower

My 2000 Seville HVAC blower doesn't work. I've unplugged the blower and hooked it up to a 12v source and it blows fine. I've checked fuses and all are fine. All actuators work, I can here them going through their cycles. I have power going to the blower between the black ground and the ppl wire but it flucuates from 0 to about 8v. I have steady volts of 13.4v between my ppl line and the bare , I assume ground to chassis, wire.I have a feeling its the Blower Motor Control Processor. Can someone give me some ideas of what it maybe???

Old 08-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2000 Seville air condition blower

How is your plastic connector that attaches to the blower terminals ? If this has heated up and deformed it won't seat properly and you could be losing your ground. Try to direct wire the motor by-passing the connector.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM

replace the blower motor. the control unit for the blower motor is made to the blower motor. if you have power and ground going to it. then its the blower motor.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:58 PM

I tried to bypass the plug with some jumpers and it didn't work. I did purchase a new blower motor and I tried the jumper trick with it before trying to attempt to install it. With the new on the floor it looked to me like it wanted to start but it didn't. It just jerked awhile beforeI turned it off. I have a feeling it is the Blowermotor control processor I see in my repair manual but I do not know where it is located. I think it maybe behind my glovebox. What do you think....??

Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM

I don't recall there being a seperate module that control the blower motor other the A/C panel which is a module in itself. Possibly this or a BCM is the cause of your condition. Hook everything back up and see what codes you have. you can do this by pressing and holing "off and passenger up" on the a/c control panel and you can scroll through using the fan speed button...

Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM

I didn't have a passenger up button to check the codes so I just hooked everything backup. I was about to take it the the dealer to have them look at the problem and I thought to just check it one more time.. The thing started working. I didn't do anything to it. Maybe it was a loose connection or something but it is working like new now. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think this is a wonderful website for a wealth of information..

Old 01-11-2014, 11:25 PM

The blower stopped working in my 2003 SLS a month ago in cold weather. I removed the fan and tested it, works fine. Replaced the blower fuse, even though it had no visible defects. Reinstalled the blower and it worked.....for three weeks. Failed again. check this forum again for solutions, mostly focused on the connector. Disconnected and sprayed with WD40, reconnected, works. Definitely the connector, not the fan, not the module, not the fuse. Easy to check and no parts needed. If it fails again plan to replace the connector.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Default blower replaced

OK, the WD40 on the connector worked....for two days. After that, no blower action. I purchased and just installed a new blower. No action. I am considering just hard wiring it and not using any connector. Anyone else having this experience and known remedies?

Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Installed the new blower motor yesterday but still would not operate at all. I closely inspected the connector to the blower and the ground female contact was slightly raised, so I adjusted it to look like the other contacts, and that was the ticket. All three contacts need to be centered in the connector.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:35 PM

My blower fan works when I run a jumper from ground to the connector black. The blower control module should provide the ground to the blower fan. I think I am going to replace the blower control module. Any suggestions, I have a fused jumper with a switch for now its cold in Chicago , my temporary fix for now. May hit the bone yard for a temporary part to get thru the winter.