General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Cadillac STS Getting Hot ONLY on Hills!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Default 1998 Cadillac STS Getting Hot ONLY on Hills!

Only recently has my car been ONLY getting hot when I go up hills. Other then that the car is perfectly fine no issues at all. A couple months ago we replaced the radiator due to one of the side plastic parts cracking. No issues what so ever till I went to my moms house and went up a huge hill and yea it was really hot outside and the car started to climb in temp. We have recently flushed the cooling system. Car is perfectly fine on level ground or going down hills no issues at all. It only happens once we are going up hill.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by usmcwify

Only recently has my car been ONLY getting hot when I go up hills. Other then that the car is perfectly fine no issues at all. A couple months ago we replaced the radiator due to one of the side plastic parts cracking. No issues what so ever till I went to my moms house and went up a huge hill and yea it was really hot outside and the car started to climb in temp. We have recently flushed the cooling system. Car is perfectly fine on level ground or going down hills no issues at all. It only happens once we are going up hill.

there is a detailed thread on this subject in the FAQ section, take a look at it.

before i go, what did you flush with? just water or did you use one of the CHEMICAL acid flush treatments?

and why did you 'flush' at all? normally one 'flushes' when corrosion is evident, not as a routine.