General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 Fleetwood Brougham Limousine Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 05:51 PM
Default 1993 Fleetwood Brougham Limousine Problems

Hey Y'all:
I am trying to get a 1993 Fleetwood Limo to run properly. My wife brought the car from a funeral home and the maintenance was terrible. The wiring has been cut and splice and the engine has always been difficult to start. When she brought the car home, she would have to hold full throttle and crank the engine until it started.

What I have done. I've tried to clean up the wiring. Most of the wiring mess was associated with the electric cooling fans behind the radiator and in front of the engine someone simply wired in a switch. I've installed new sparkplugs, rotor, distributer cap, and fuel pump. Today, I removed the throttle body injection, disassembled, cleaned, installed rebuilt injectors, new throttle position sensor and idle speed controller. Now, I can simply turn the key and the engine starts. The engine starts off on high idle and runs great. Then the engine reduces speed to low idle, starts running rough then stops. Once I was able to work the throttle until the engine smoothed out then it idled perfectly. I turned the engine off and let it set for a few hours until it cooled. I started the car- started easy, ran nice on high idle then dropped to low idle and died.
Need some help. I do not know what to do next.

Thanks

Pat