General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 DTS DriverUnder Seat Modules

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Default '01 DTS DriverUnder Seat Modules

Could someone tell me what the modules attached under the driver's seat cushion in my '01 DTS are and also where I might find a wiring diagram for the heated front seat circuit? Thanks. I'd really appreciate it.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: '01 DTS DriverUnder Seat Modules

Describe what wrong with seat;please.As far as book GM stopped printing manuals in 2000. Manual(s) should be availible thru Helm Inc. www.helminc.com but they aren't cheap with car you plan to keep, it is the best way to go.Hope it helps

Old 10-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Also check e-bay for service manuals, I have found them there pretty cheap at times.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the tips regarding manuals. The problem is that I am getting no heat from the driver's seat. All of the other seats are fine (passenger and rears). The push buttons on the driver's door light up when activatedand one of the two modules under the seat has an audible click coming from it at the same time. I've checked all pertinent fuses for continuity and all of the underseat connections for tightness and all seem fine. I'd like to do an ohm/voltage check at the seat connections and/or underseat modules (any others modules?) but thought it would be useful to know what's what ahead of time if possible to help with the troubleshooting. If anyone has been through this already and has other suggestions that can steer me in the right direction to figure this out, I'd appreciate it.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Certified Members

Seat heater elements fail the most,each element should ohm read 10 ohm.They're a pain to install, I suggest leaving to someone with experience with repairing seats, if you don't.Hope it helps