Cadillac V Series This section is for discussion about the performance minded CTS-V, STS-V, and XLR-V.
View Poll Results: A poll
Recaros
57.14%
Sunroof
0%
Leather Steerign wheel
14.29%
Premium Audio package
0%
Navigation
0%
Polished 19" wheels
0%
Automatic Transmission
0%
Manual Transmission
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V? Click on the options

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Default Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V? Click on the options

Hello,

I was on the 2009 CTS-V waiting list from day one and recently my dealer (one of the largest caddy dealers in Canada) invited me into the dealership to choose the configuration and options of my car (not much to choose from - most equipment is standard on the V). When I got there they had the list of the options for all 2009 CTS models (incuding the V) with the option codes but still no pricing yet. Here's what I picked: [ul][*]Silver paint / black interior[*]Recaro seats[*]Navigation + premium audio package[*]Sunroof[*]Leather steering wheel + shifter ****[*]Polished 19" wheels[/ul]
So here's the kicker - given my 45 minute commute every day (each way)and the reality of a 550hp motor and a lot of stoplights, I chose the AUTOMATIC transmission. (Yes, I can hear your screams all the way up here in Canada.)I'm wondering if anyone out there has knowledge on the specific tranny they are putting in the 09 CTS-V and whether or not it is a good one.

Finally, I'd love to hear from others who are on a waiting list for a V and if their experience mirrors mine. What is going on out there - what are the dealers telling you?

All the best,
Ryan

===========
MOD edit
Title and POLL for OPTIONS

Old 05-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V?

ORIGINAL: rvolberg

Hello,

I was on the 2009 CTS-V waiting list from day one and recently my dealer (one of the largest caddy dealers in Canada) invited me into the dealership to choose the configuration and options of my car (not much to choose from - most equipment is standard on the V). When I got there they had the list of the options for all 2009 CTS models (incuding the V) with the option codes but still no pricing yet. Here's what I picked: [ul][*]Silver paint / black interior[*]Recaro seats[*]Navigation + premium audio package[*]Sunroof[*]Leather steering wheel + shifter ****[*]Polished 19" wheels[/ul]
So here's the kicker - given my 45 minute commute every day (each way)and the reality of a 550hp motor and a lot of stoplights, I chose the AUTOMATIC transmission. (Yes, I can hear your screams all the way up here in Canada.)I'm wondering if anyone out there has knowledge on the specific tranny they are putting in the 09 CTS-V and whether or not it is a good one.

Finally, I'd love to hear from others who are on a waiting list for a V and if their experience mirrors mine. What is going on out there - what are the dealers telling you?

All the best,
Ryan

I like all your options except that I prefer black .. nice nice nice.
BTW, automatic? I would do the same. Maybe a pedal shifter if that was available, but enough with the clutches. I have fun with one clutch car, and THAT is more than enough fun.

One has to wonder where the 1st '09 CTS-V car will be delivered.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/5170A0A9674D4293A7713D011F32FDAF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/BCB45C8F6C5B4D1AA08747A4FD106E15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V?

I'm sure you can hear me yelling all the way from Miami. Had the same fear of traffic driving with a 6 speed manual. Bought the z06 vette anyway. Last week had to drive south to see my neice in a play in rush hour traffc. Wasn't bad at all. If the CTS-shifter is anything like the vette it will be no problem for you. Go back and fix it!!!!!! IMHO. Also you will get a little better MPG and a quicker 1/4 mile et.

Either way you are gettin one hell of a car.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V? CLICK on the options

anyone knows what other options are avail?
will edit the POLL to add them.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Default RE: Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V? Click on the options

What kind of $$ are the dealers in Canada and the US asking in your area???

Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Where is the best dealer to go to in Fairfield County Connecticut? Most dealers are telling me they cant order them yet and have no pricing?????

Old 01-25-2009, 07:48 PM

I was looking forward to the new cts-v, until it went on sale. What a dissapointment to go to the dealership and see a "market adjustment" of 5k added to the sticker price. Since I had purchased my '06 from them they were so nice as to wave the 5k and only sell it at sticker, and would give me 20k for my '06 cts-v with only 17k miles on it.GM has already overpriced the car, at 17k more than the previous modelyou could buy a new car for the difference. Also GM needs to stop going to the retirement centers to get opinions on color options. Here you have a car that is being marketed to not be your grandpa's Cadillac, and they are going to grandpa for the colors (have you seen the blue). what other company would have a hotter red and blue on the suv's than on the high performance sedan line. You people making all the easy money go for it, as for me I'll wait a few months or so until GM has a bunch sitting on the lot with no buyers. The way I got it figured I already put a huge down payment on one with the bailout money that I'll be paying off for the next 20 years.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dynodrew

I was looking forward to the new cts-v, until it went on sale. What a dissapointment to go to the dealership and see a "market adjustment" of 5k added to the sticker price. Since I had purchased my '06 from them they were so nice as to wave the 5k and only sell it at sticker, and would give me 20k for my '06 cts-v with only 17k miles on it.GM has already overpriced the car, at 17k more than the previous modelyou could buy a new car for the difference. Also GM needs to stop going to the retirement centers to get opinions on color options. Here you have a car that is being marketed to not be your grandpa's Cadillac, and they are going to grandpa for the colors (have you seen the blue). what other company would have a hotter red and blue on the suv's than on the high performance sedan line. You people making all the easy money go for it, as for me I'll wait a few months or so until GM has a bunch sitting on the lot with no buyers. The way I got it figured I already put a huge down payment on one with the bailout money that I'll be paying off for the next 20 years.
Good advice

Old 02-12-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by G.A.R.Y.
Good advice
I feel so alone here...I went to the auto show and sat in the CTS-V and then immediately went and brought an STS-V. I know 550+ HP is quite a punch to have; however, I just love the options and standard equipment the STS-V comes with. Plus, I already own an 08 CTS and really do notice the extra room in the STS. As I said, the horsepower of the CTS-V is fantastic, but the STS-V's 469 is also quite impressive. In any case, these aren't our "daddy's caddies" any longer!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:40 PM

I just got my 2009 CTS V in Black/Black with the Recaro racing seats, suede sterring wheel and gear shifter. I also got the regular mags chromed and it makes a huge difference!! I also got the K40 with front and rear difussers installed as well. It is an awesome car and the speed is incredible!! You can only get 19" wheels without customization because of the braking system. Does anyone know where you can get a small rear spoiler for the 2009 CTS-V?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Who Else Has Ordered 2009 CTS-V? Click on the options