Cadillac V Series This section is for discussion about the performance minded CTS-V, STS-V, and XLR-V.

Cadillac CTS-V Top Speed .. per car's computer.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Default Cadillac CTS-V Top Speed .. per car's computer.

What is the top speed of a stock Cadillac CTS-V ?

The maximum allowed speed before fuel is shutoff is 175 mph by the car's computer.
If the computer detects possible oil starvation, it will limit the top speed to 168 mph.

One has to wonder what the REAL TOP SPEED is, over riding the computer limits ...

Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Cadillac CTS-V Top Speed .. per car's computer.

stealth...... speaking of that.....will the computer shut the 99 sts down at a certain speed....... i believe on most GMs, they shut down at 110mph..... i'm not sure on the sts....i've had it there.....106-107.....but not 110.............. what say you???
rickyd

Old 09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rickyd

stealth...... speaking of that.....will the computer shut the 99 sts down at a certain speed....... i believe on most GMs, they shut down at 110mph..... i'm not sure on the sts....i've had it there.....106-107.....but not 110.............. what say you???
rickyd
I say give it a shot for the max .. you will have the answer in about 15 seconds.

my personal guess at that ? not ...

some of us, in fact, maybe more than a few have exceeded that as a routine, accidentally of course .. ...

Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Speed are limited because of the tires installed on the vehicles and for other safety reason. Cars with S rated tires like my Deville shut off at 180 kph (112 mph), and my Suburban cuts off at 160 kph,(100 mph)mud and snow tires. Both vehicles are 8 cylinders with in excess of 250 net HP so easily can go much faster. Concours models of the Deville cut off at 210 kph (130 mph)as they come with H rated tires.

CTS-V have to be capable of very close to 200 mph. It is after all pretty much a Corvette with a Cadillac suit.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Certified Members

hey katz..... nice to hear from ya today, hope your college venture was fruitful......thanks for the scoop.... i sort of figured when Stealth said "you'll have your answer in 15 seconds, i knew the max speed wasn't to far from the 106/ 107...........so your saying the sts is 112...... not that i'm looking for, but can that be modified some how......chip, reprogram, or otherwish?????....just curious.... :-))....... later
rickyd

Old 09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'd say the STS is probably 130 mph, SLS is probably 112 mph. Check the standard issue tire size and speed rating. There are hand held reprogramers that can change the speed limiter as well as some chips.

It was nice going back to campus today, kind of makes one wish they were young again. Uof T is my alma matta so Jr. is following my footsteps.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

I'd say the STS is probably 130 mph, SLS is probably 112 mph. Check the standard issue tire size and speed rating. There are hand held reprogramers that can change the speed limiter as well as some chips.

It was nice going back to campus today, kind of makes one wish they were young again. Uof T is my alma matta so Jr. is following my footsteps.
very cool, i'll bet your pretty high with that............oh hey Katz.... do you know codes????....check my e-ghost thread....please

Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM

With the power output of the CTSV, stock I would say it would do 180 max. The factory output is what? I belevie 450-505? The z06 with the 7.0 does 197. With the extra weight with the luxury of the caddy, I would say 180 is certainailly feasable. I am not sure if the car would hit a aerodynamic brick wall above that speed, I am none to sure about how aerodynamic it is. With some light bolt ons, 200 would sure be doable.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Saw a CTS V on the way home from work, nice looking car, a black beauty but it is a brick, matt you are probably right on this one.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

I have heard 163 - 4.6 60s - limited
I have also heard that the 04s aren't limited...

eBay has a pretty one

item #250166780099 - no reserve - but a 2005 -

I loved the shaved handles and the blacked out tail lights, still brick like - but a sexy brick...

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V Top Speed .. per car's computer.