Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Total breackdown - electronic fun

Old 03-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Default Total breackdown - electronic fun

My STS V8 blocked me out. Thursday night - i was unable to start the engine - No FOB deteced, but i was able to open the trunk and the car with the FOB. But now way to start the engine or close the car with the FOB. So, i went home by taxi and brought the second key - Same problem!
Next the the car was brought to the dealer - and - worked again. So i tooked the car without any repair and on sunday - again the same mistake. But now the battery went empty within a few ours. Result now - car in repair - the check said - more than 45 mistakes to be checked and controled.
Did someone had a similar desaster yet?

the rest of the time with my STS - Great !

Best regards from the german highways Patrick

Old 03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Total breackdown - electronic fun

so, the car is running again - they found 46 mistakes - mostly coming from the empty battery. after falling down less then 8volt you will have more problems and then again after falling down less then 3 volt.
But the dealer has been quite unhappy with the results. he is not sure that i will never have problems again.
let´s drive and see.

(PS I had the CTS for the two days - also a very sportive car.)

Old 04-12-2006, 01:37 PM

I had exactly the same trouble with my 2005 STS in Germany. It happened on a gas station and seemed to be caused by some interfering electromagnetic sources. If you put the key fob into the rectangular pocket on the right rear end inside the arm rest, you have a good chance that the key fob will be detected again. Did the message center ask you "Do you really want to shut down the engine" (may be a different message, this is what it says in German), when you parked the car before the failure? In my case they could restart the car after moving it with a tow truck 30 ft forward!

Old 04-15-2006, 05:12 AM

i would like to know if you can tell me what exactly was wrong. My boyfriend has a 92 sts and it is doing the same thing we thought it was the battery and it wasnt. just curious if you could maybe stear us in some type of direction. have all inside power windows radio, trunk etc. but the car wont turn over at all. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!