Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Service Stability SYS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default Service Stability SYS

Just got back from GM store and a tune-up...99 STS, 68k mi, (oh Stealth, took your advise for plugs...Thanks) While there I asked if they would please scan to see why, once in a while I get this message "SERVICE STABILITY SYS." It come on every so often and will reset itself with restarting the car. So we got a code.....C1243.... which they think is the BREAK PRESSURE MODULATING VALVE. Is that big or what?
I do have warranty on the car so I'm not real concerned with $$, though...... can anyone tell me when the SSS message is on does it affect the what? anti lock brakes, traction control, handling, or what......????? Any thoughts?
Thanks
rickyd

Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Service Stability SYS

ok here's whats up.....had car in for service stablity system.....scanner found code c1242...... pump motor circuit diagnosic per manual and found poor ground connections at g100 and g102 just getting a second opinion, does this sound right? the sss does not come on anymore, the traction control has flashed once or twice while crusing, then shut off. and speed lmt to 90 came on twice, only to push reset and it went out, and i went 95. so all seems to be working fine. I MUST SAY THE 99 STS IS ONE ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE... IVE NEVER SEEN A CAR THAT WILL FLASH SOMETHING AT YOU, THEN CORRECT ITSELF JUST AS QUICK....
any thoughts?
rickyd

Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

somehow .. i missed this one.

your car is aging a little, LAke City .. a bit wet there ..
great environment to oxidize connections.

a bit more advice? read the e-ghosts FAQ i got in our FAQ section.
it will make life easier if you start doign some or that .

intermittent .. most always, lose or oxide in a connection .. almost always.
broken wires can do it too .. but less common.

you took my advice? plat plugs?

Old 08-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Certified Members

hey stealth.... what took you so long....lol i know you, from here. your one of the few that makes this forum the great that it is. we all appricate you and the others. heads-up on your e-ghosts....im going there now.....does my second reply in this thread make sence to you.......i trust these guys alot,but they are not in a caddy store, though it is a goodwrench 4 point gm store. i worked there 10 years. thanks stealth!
rickyd