Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

many water

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Default many water

hi
i have an 1997 sts, i have some problems with much water under the rear carpets. has anyone an idea, from where it come? thank you for your help

Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: many water

There might be a problem with your GM heater core or a clogged or misrouted a/c drain line doing this. Try to check it and inform us any development.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:42 PM

Check thesun roof drains if equipped.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

Hey WestCoast: Have you checked out all of your rubber weatherstripping around the doors and windows?? A small hole or crack in them is all it take to ac***ulate a puddle during a rain storm. Hope this helps.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Like it was said earlier it might be the heater core, I had a problem in my '59 Cad with the heater core... steam and hot liquid poured into the car, but that's a very noticeable thing... I'm sure if that was the case you would notice something coming out of the front of your car into the main compartment... I could be wrong though.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 AM

[&o]thank you for your help, but i did´nt find the problem. almost many water in the backside of my cadillac. under the back seat, in the footroom. i buy koi and take a aquarium from my sts[&o]

Old 04-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: westcoastcadillac

[&o]thank you for your help, but i did´nt find the problem. almost many water in the backside of my cadillac. under the back seat, in the footroom. i buy koi and take a aquarium from my sts[&o]
I'm sorry for your problem and hope you find it soon, but I gotta tell that's one funny solution.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Well, if it's A/C condensate or rainwater your fish might live; however, if the stuff is from the heater core...[&:]

Seriously, if it's WATER then it's either plugged up A/C drain passage(s) , or if it happens after a downpour then either you have a leaky door/window or in case you have an Astroroof, some of its drain lines got clogged and/or disconnected. Is your trunk dry?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 AM

yes my trunk is very dry, no water at the doors or at the sunroof. and it is coming from rain, that is what i know

Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Finding the source of a water leak is one of the most challenging (and frustrating) tasks, no matter whether it's the roof of your house or your car. Usually water shows up at places far away from the entry point. For instance, it can run down on the inside of your roof and you don't see wet spots on the headliner, but it collects at the lowest point (the foot wells) and soaks your carpet.

Dry out the car and wait for a nice hot weekend. Get a friend to hose down the car systematically while you're crawling inside and looking for water. Maybe several buckets of water with some UV dye and a black light is what you need.

Quick Reply: many water