Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Leasing an STS

Old 05-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Default Leasing an STS

Hello guys,
I am in the market for leasing an STS for my father. He's always dreamed about driving a cadillac. The guy is getting old so we the kids are trying to make it happen. I normally belong to a different car forum so this site is new to me. I'd like to do some research on leasing the car before I pull the trigger; dont' like the feeling of getting ripped off by the salesperson. So please feel free to throw in your thoughts about leasing a Cadillac. Thanks alot in advance.
John

Old 05-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Leasing an STS

Leasing a caddy is no different then leasing any other car. Your ole man has some good kids. Do research on leasing even if by google. Lot's of stuff comes in to play including but not limited to;
Miles per year
Price of car (do negotiate)
Residual value
Insurance for the end of lease for scratches more then 2 inches etc.
Interest rates.

And more.

Most people when they lease are looking at the montly payment only. Car salesman love that lots.

Good luck

Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 AM

thx for the info, Gary

i know the answer is internet, but where can i find the invoice price, lease rate, and depriciation % on an STS? I know BMW forum has this section, so you can really get a deal if you're armed with these info before going into a dealership....

john

Old 06-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I've always had good luck with kbb. They give you lots of options for pricing. As far as future value there are opinions for different cars as to how much to EXPECT to lose over time. Caddy is no Lexus or BMW when it comes to residual value. I would negotiate the best price and interest rate you can, it will be cheaper then purchasing for sure. Check with kbb I think it will have what you are looking for.

Good luck