Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   katz quick question (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/katz-quick-question-3811/)

rickyd 09-23-2007 04:21 PM

RE: katz quick question

katz, would you put that stuff in your ride? i don't know....putting stuff in my oil ..... i'd rather replace it, if the snug up doesn't work. it should'nt be to much....$$...... so far so good, no leaks, and after a run of 20 or so mi......so and i don't think i over tightened..... though i can understand what you are saying....... crushing the gasket and it leaking at another place....... thanks katz............
rickyd

Katzmans Caddy 09-23-2007 05:14 PM

Like I said use your judgement. I put that in my 73 LeMans GT just because I don't feel like jacking up the engine and changing that gasket, it works.

rickyd 09-23-2007 08:29 PM

ok...so what is it????is it a"stop leak" of some kind..... just in case..... and do i need to do it every time i change oil???
rickyd

Katzmans Caddy 09-23-2007 08:45 PM

What I used was No Leak. It looks just like oil, a nice honey colour to it. It's about the same viscocity as a 40 weight oil, so it is not too thick at all. Manufacture claims it is safe in all engines with all oils, synthetic included. It apparently swells and conditions gaskets and seals . They give you an unconditional guarantee. It is manufactured by:

Gold Eagle Co.
4400 S. Kildare
Chicago, IL
www.goldeagle.com

rickyd 09-23-2007 08:55 PM

thanks katz...........

rickyd 10-05-2007 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

What I used was No Leak. It looks just like oil, a nice honey colour to it. It's about the same viscocity as a 40 weight oil, so it is not too thick at all. Manufacture claims it is safe in all engines with all oils, synthetic included. It apparently swells and conditions gaskets and seals . They give you an unconditional guarantee. It is manufactured by:

Gold Eagle Co.
4400 S. Kildare
Chicago, IL
www.goldeagle.com
Katz.....thanks...after a littlesnug-up of oil pan gasket....i also took your advise on the No Leak.....waited two day......seeping is done!.....no more drip!.......THANKS
rickyd

Katzmans Caddy 10-05-2007 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rickyd

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Gold Eagle Co.
4400 S. Kildare
Chicago, IL
www.goldeagle.com
Katz.....thanks...after a littlesnug-up of oil pan gasket....i also took your advise on the No Leak.....waited two day......seeping is done!.....no more drip!.......THANKS
rickyd
You are most welcome, keep your reciept! If it drips you get you 10 bucks back!!!