Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

kam reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default kam reset

out of tech2.........KAM reset? whos got the poop on this?......

Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: kam reset

KAM - KEEP ALIVE MEMORY - This code is set when module loses battery voltage, that only should go away when battery is disconnected. Loss of battery voltage can cause concerns as can ignition voltage they both power module. KAM codes can also be set by weak battery or starter with high current draw can can battery voltage to drop low enough to set code. It like when you start your car and lose your clockand radio presets. Presets and clock are stored in KAM

Old 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Certified Members

ok....probably should be in my E-Ghost thread, but saw my ser mgr. friendjoe p.... he connected tech 2 to sts....all went fine untill he went into diagnostics of paticulars..... tech 2 kept loosing signal, unable to perform tasks....... he wanted me to report tech 2 is brand new..............
rickyd

Old 11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

What was tech 2 doing ?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

as far as i know the tech 2 was doing what it issuppose to do. .....the sts was having a gremlin attack, and not talking to tech 2 at times. ....the tech 2 wanted to reset when it didn't receive from sts. .... i hope this makes sence to you slowroll. ...you have been most patient with this.
rickyd

Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Certified Members

What u codes were set? Did it see all the modules?

Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

SLOWROLL..... IF I SAID TO YOU THERE WERE TIMES THE TECH 2 COULDN'T PICK ANYTHING UP....NO MODULES AT ALL. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?RIM?????

Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Certified Members

At this point more questions than answers.You stated your little friends were out if force, what was happening with car. U codes should be stored. Do you have factory books or alldata ?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: slowroll

At this point more questions than answers.You stated your little friends were out if force, what was happening with car. U codes should be stored. Do you have factory books or alldata ?
what happens with car: security light on, traction light on, then one or both back off...gas gauge to E.... then back, then to E, and will rest there for a while, then back...gauge cluster will go out, or not come on at start, then when its ready, come on.....when on, at times back lights will brighten, and go back as if i'm adjusting with the ****.... dr back lights off.......then on.......radio amp, not radio, will kick out for a couple seconds, then back.
when i put in park, doors will not unlock, or lock when shift to drive, sometimes.........when shut car off, radio, interior kights, dr locks, windows, will not respond for a while, then will....... i also get on the DIC.... at times,"battery volt high", "engine temp too hot, idle engine","speed limited to 90"......."service stability sys"...... ( no joke, sometimes it will say "speed limited to 92, or 0..)

as far as u codes: on every module....abs,amp,ddm,dim,ipc,ipm,irc,pcm, and so on...... when i ran codes last night,abs,amp,ddm, came up, THEN codes quit. had to run second time.... all modules came up with many u codes in each........(sort of what happen with tech 2)

i justgot, cdrom from autorepairinfo.com......automotive repair manual for 1999 cadillac seville sts

IM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING REAR SEAT BACK OFF TO GET TO "RIM"......... PLZ ADVISE
TOTALLY TOOK APART REAR SEAT FUSE BOX, ALL WAS AS CLEAN AS NEW.........
GROUND 100, AND 103......HAVE NOT GOTTEN TO....?????? TUFF......YOUR THOUGHTS ON THOSE TWO BEING E-GHOSTS PROBLEM?.... I THINK 103 IS A BUZZ, I CANT GET TO IT EASILY, THOUGH IF YOU THINK I SHOULD, I WILL.

TX SLOWROLL
rickyd

Old 11-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: rickyd

ORIGINAL: slowroll

what happens with car: security light on, traction light on, then one or both back off...gas gauge to E.... then back, then to E, and will rest there for a while, then back...gauge cluster will go out, or not come on at start, then when its ready, come on.....when on, at times back lights will brighten, and go back as if i'm adjusting with the ****.... dr back lights off.......then on.......radio amp, not radio, will kick out for a couple seconds, then back.
when i put in park, doors will not unlock, or lock when shift to drive, sometimes.........when shut car off, radio, interior kights, dr locks, windows, will not respond for a while, then will....... i also get on the DIC.... at times,"battery volt high", "engine temp too hot, idle engine","speed limited to 90"......."service stability sys"...... ( no joke, sometimes it will say "speed limited to 92, or 0..)

as far as u codes: on every module....abs,amp,ddm,dim,ipc,ipm,irc,pcm, and so on...... when i ran codes last night,abs,amp,ddm, came up, THEN codes quit. had to run second time.... all modules came up with many u codes in each........(sort of what happen with tech 2)

i justgot, cdrom from autorepairinfo.com......automotive repair manual for 1999 cadillac seville sts

IM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING REAR SEAT BACK OFF TO GET TO "RIM"......... PLZ ADVISE
TOTALLY TOOK APART REAR SEAT FUSE BOX, ALL WAS AS CLEAN AS NEW.........
GROUND 100, AND 103......HAVE NOT GOTTEN TO....?????? TUFF......YOUR THOUGHTS ON THOSE TWO BEING E-GHOSTS PROBLEM?.... I THINK 103 IS A BUZZ, I CANT GET TO IT EASILY, THOUGH IF YOU THINK I SHOULD, I WILL.

TX SLOWROLL
rickyd
3 HOURS LATER FROM ^..... 32 DEGREES HERE IN N.E. PA.... DID CODE SCAN ON BOARD
ABS...C1252, 53, U1056
AMP... DID NOT SHOW UP IN SCAN!!!!!
DDM...U1255, 1064,65,66
DIM...U1255,1065,66
IPC...B1652,1982,1652
IPM...DID NOT SHOW UP IN SCAN!!!!!
IRC...U1129, 1064,65, 1160, 1016........IN THAT ORDER
PCM...P0603
RFA...NO CODES.....DID SHOW THOUGH
RIM...U1300, 1255, 1064, 1160, 1065, 1016, 1096........IN THAT ORDER
SDM...B1163, U1301, 1096, 1040
VTD...NO CODES......DID SHOW
MSM...B1850, 1900, 2375, U1160, 1016
PHN... NO PHN DATA
TTM...U1160
RSS...C1712,16,17,36,37,38,60,61,62,83,84,85

AFTER CLEARING CODES, TOOK 11 MI DRIVE......RAN CODES AGAIN.....ALL MODULES CAME UP, INCLUDING AMP, AND IPM, ALLSHOWING NO CODES...........

NOW, IS THIS SOMETHING WE CAN SINK OUR TEETH IN? DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE SENCE TO YOU? LETS HOPE!

TOOK ANOTHER RUN TO STORE 4 HR LATER FROM ^.... 4.5 MI.....CHECK CODES, AND ONLY ONE CODE, DDM-U 1255, AND ALL MODULES CAME UP. DRIVER DOOR MODULE?? WHAT SAY YOU?
rickyd

Quick Reply: kam reset