Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

heat seat button back lite???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default heat seat button back lite???

How difficult is it to replace the back light for a heat seat button on a 99 sts? Do the buttons pop out, or do you have to get onto the consoul some how??
Thanks in advance
rickyd

Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: heat seat button back lite???

Those burnt out back lites drive me nuts too. Not sure on the specifics of your car but generally you have to do a bit of disassembly to get to them. My Suburban pasesenger lock button burnt out which involved removing the entire paneland switch. The little bulb was blue and was a dealer only item, $6.95!!!! A lot of effort required for such a tiny part.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Certified Members

Katzman....Thanks for responce...... These buttons are on top of consoul, each side of shift lever...... They look like they should pop out some how, but I don't want to break so looking for advise..... Now as for volum control on steering whl...... steerin wheel has to come off, air bag consideration, and all that....I think I'll let that one go. still would like to get the heat seat back lite fixed.....thanks!! later >>>> oh, your not on the other side of lake erie are you???? Im on the us side....
rickyd

Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well I'm on the shores of Lake Ontario, the big smoke, Toronto so technically I am on the other side of Lake Erie too! These back lights do drive me nuts. GM has farmed out the radio back lighting to a company called MASS here so teh dealer won't even do it. On radios they actually exchanged them if they have an operational unit in stock...$120.

I still think that you need a bit of disassembly to get under the button. My wife's aunt has an STS and if I see it soon I'll take a look.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Certified Members

Katzman.... same in the states, GM farm-out radios....... Those heat seat buttons are on each side of the floor shift on the consoul...... If and when, say hi to aunt-in-law for me and look see what I need to rip apart...... Let me know...Thanks!
rickyd

Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Certified Members

katzmans....any luck with the heat seat button???? also this is weird...... the back light, drivers side lights up but no heatto the seat...... on the other hand the passenger side back light does not come on, and there is heat to the seat. i know :-) e-ghosts...... but ..... that is weird!!! can you or anyone shead any light........... heat on this......
rickyd

Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rickyd

katzmans....any luck with the heat seat button???? also this is weird...... the back light, drivers side lights up but no heatto the seat...... on the other hand the passenger side back light does not come on, and there is heat to the seat. i know :-) e-ghosts...... but ..... that is weird!!! can you or anyone shead any light........... heat on this......
rickyd
Saw the car on the long weekend but didn't get a chance to mess with it. Sorry.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Certified Members

Katzmans...... no prob.....i'll pick at it today......thanks
rickyd