Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

DVD operation bypass??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Default DVD operation bypass??

Again, after searching the archves I did not find a conclusive answer. Has anyone figured out how to bypass the safety cut off on the DVD screen. OR have a wiring diagram and I will figure it out. Before all the flaming begins, don't worry, I don't plan on watching Spiderman at 80mph.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: DVD operation bypass??

yes, it has been done, but [sm=badidea.gif] ... . [sm=badbadbad.gif]

best you get home to watch them[sm=smiley35.gif] films. no? [sm=sorry.gif]
Spiderman who cares, one can take the eyes off that. [sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 07-23-2007, 02:27 AM

Well, looks like someone had to go and lecture you anyway..

I wish people would understand that those of use looking to unlock this system don't want to watch movies while we drive down the highway... I just want to be able to enter an address into my NAV system, or enter a phone number into the bluetooth dialer, both of whichare locked out by the same software as the DVD. I don't think I'd ever bother to watch a DVD in my car, even if it was parked.. But there are VALID reasons to defeat this stupid lockout system....

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 09-25-2007, 09:52 PM

SO YOU KNOW HOW BUT YOU WON'T TELL . THERE ARE SO MANY FELLOW CADDY LOVERS ASKING THE SAME QUESTION. IF WE ASK PLEASE WILL YOU TELL US

Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 AM

^ do tell, gentlemen

Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
?

I too would love to use my nav system while moving. I was stuck in SoCal traffic, bumper to bumper, and it seemed that everytime I'd get most of a new address entered to find a way out of the mess of traffic, I'd have to speed up too fast (4-5mph)f or the nav to accept programming. Bummer.

Barry Rooker
'05 V8 SRX AWD

Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 PM

Did you ever find an answer to your question on this? I've been trying to find something for some time as well to no avail.

RR

Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 PM

IT's by passed pretty simple. On stand alone DVD players, there is a cable which has to be grounded to the parking brake, you can just take that cable and put it with something that's constant while you're driving. I'm not sure what unit you're talking about but one of the wires from it should be for the same thing

Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 PM

Thanks for your response! Just for clarification, I have an 06 STS with stock DVD changer + DVDNAV. I don't know what brand it isor model so Ihave had trouble doing some research on this.I have an automatic and to my knowledge I don't know of aground cable to a parking brake.I really want to figure this out so if you could please help by elaborating a little more Ireally would appreciate it.

-RR

Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Guys:

It is not as easy as Nafta says for the 2005 - 2007. here is a link to another forum that explains how to do it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ation-119.html

Quick Reply: DVD operation bypass??