Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

SRX Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Default SRX Electronics

I swore that last time I visited this page -before I purchased- that there was info posted on a problem re: the SRX's battery going dead for no apparent reason. Various reasons were offered in explanation, including the interior light dimmer switch being set at full brightness and causing a charge drain.
Now that I own an SRX -'06 V6 AWD- I have reason to contribute. My car has been drained 2 days running now, with less than 5K on the odo. Highly disappointing. I love jumping a $40K car in my non-existent spare time. Roadside Service couldn't : tow my car more than 20 miles w/out charging $7.00 per mile over this limit (my selling dealer is 45 miles away -you do the math), or pick up my car on a Friday -their agents were all busy. They offered to jump my car so I could drive it to the dealer -again in my non-existent spare time, OR pick it up on Saturday -so my Honda owning neighbors could bear witness?
Dead in the Driveway!
MarkW[>:][>:]

Old 11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: SRX Electronics

No common problem that i know of.
We see battery drains from cars that sit and then get driven in short trips(not enough time to fully recharge the battery)
Tough to help you on this one over the net.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Default RE: SRX Electronics

ORIGINAL: MarkW
problem re: the SRX's battery going dead for no apparent reason
Check myCarStats.com.
I've noticed when I get into my '05, I can hear the nav DVD seeking.EVERY time I open I door I hear it. This could be contributing.