Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Need help rumbling sound!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Default Need help rumbling sound!!

Hello I need some help here.. I've got a 2005 cadillac srx all wheel drive.. I have been having a rumbling/grinding noise in the rear end of the car.. Its not constant it happens between 45-60mph.. I cant seem to narrow it down.. Now here's the bad part this is a list of all the things I replaced Drive shafts, rear differential, rear differential bushings and cv shafts.. I've done the test for the rear wheel hubs but I dont have any play in the wheels.. I'm close to pulling my hair out here anybody else run across this problem and or have any other ideas?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by spartanedw
Hello I need some help here.. I've got a 2005 cadillac srx all wheel drive.. I have been having a rumbling/grinding noise in the rear end of the car.. Its not constant it happens between 45-60mph.. I cant seem to narrow it down.. Now here's the bad part this is a list of all the things I replaced Drive shafts, rear differential, rear differential bushings and cv shafts.. I've done the test for the rear wheel hubs but I dont have any play in the wheels.. I'm close to pulling my hair out here anybody else run across this problem and or have any other ideas?
Hi,
that sounds familiar to me. It's probably the rear "Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly". I have a 2005 SRX and it started making that noise after appr. 55000 miles. Found out that the original bearings only last for appr. 60000 miles and have to be replaced then. I ordered new ones (Timken) at Rockauto.com and now the car runs fine again.
Andreas