Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   Cue screen spider webbing (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/cue-screen-spider-webbing-16740/)

atsimmons 09-20-2019 01:37 PM

I am experiencing the same issue. I started out with half the screen not working and now my 2014 SRX cue screen is completely non-responsive after 5 straight 90 degree days. I Googled the issue and could not find a true explanation. I will assume its due to extreme temperatures however, Cadillac WILL NOT offer a real cause for the webbed screen. I found a replacement on cuescreens.com and a few other websites via Amazon carries a similar product. I purchased the screen with a lifetime warranty for less than $150. I found an electrical engineer/ auto mechanic that will replace it for under $200. I witnessed his work and he is a true "Macgyver!" The new screen comes tools and instruction video. FYI: you can also find the video via youtube:-)

I hope my testimony was helpful!!

djnash 09-23-2019 02:55 PM

I heard that there was a class action suit. Key "I Heard". Just bought a 2016 performance SRX and the screen is being replaced. They should Just put in a better head unit. Problem solved..

emilielaz 10-23-2019 10:40 AM

Spider Web cracking on my 2014 Cadillac SRX

About a month and a half ago, after not driving my Cadillac for a few days, and when I got in the car- the whole right side of my cue screen had spider web cracking. Now, it does not work at all. As a matter of fact- out of nowhere- the screen just starts moving up and down like it is scrolling itself. I can't use Bluetooth, navigator- NOTHING. I called Cadillac directly and they said there is no recall for this so it is my expense to replace. My vehicle has under 50K miles on it. I want to sell it because I am so mad about this situation but who wants to buy a vehicle that doesn't have an operational cue screen and scrolls itself while driving. This is totally unacceptable.

emilielaz 10-23-2019 12:24 PM

https://www.cuescreens.com/

emilielaz 10-23-2019 12:27 PM

I am sure this has something to do with why the value of my vehicle has depreciated SO much in a year and a half. This will be the last Cadillac for our family.

Damz 05-07-2020 12:28 PM

Cadillac cue screen cracking due to heat

My screen started cracking because the heat. I already had it replaced once during the lease. So, basically this will happen every other year? I took it to the dealership today and they told me $900 dollars!!! I am thoroughly disgusted with Cadillac. I got the extended warranty on my car along with a tech warranty. They told me it doesn't cover it. So what the hell am I paying for? I will never in my life buy another Cadillac. For the amount of money this car cost me and it being a premium package is rediclious. Cadillac should know better than to put faulty crap in a luxury vehicle. My Cadillac cue screams lack of innovation and engineering. You wouldn't find these problems in any other luxury car for this price, especially in the European cars they compete with. Hell, not even Lincoln would make mistakes like this. This is a gm flaw and I shouldn't have to get stuck with a $900 bill. And I'm not! I guess I'll just have a cracked screen until I can ditch this car.

coinmanone 05-07-2020 04:33 PM

Faulty Cue Screen

I had the same problem that showed up overnight in the springtime. I have a 2016 SRX with 35,000 miles on it at the time. Like the rest of you i researched it and found it to be a common problem nationwide. The dealer replaced it under warranty but with it now at 57,000 miles I will probably be screwed if it happens again. If so that will be the last time i will ever deal with GM. The idea that an expensive luxury car maker would balk at covering a massive well known part failure means their future is not looking good. Im not complaining about the car as otherwise its been great but if it doesn't hold up i will head right back to a Toyota because reliability is my only concern at this point in my life. My age group grew up with Cadillac being the best and most sought after luxury car on the market. Now if you see the commercials on tv they are obviously marketing directly to the younger crowd at this point. If they don't sell them on it they will be in trouble. So as much as i love my SRX i can only hope it will hold up and not become a money pit.

AJL 05-21-2020 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service (Post 51396)
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

How to send a private message to
Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care

AJL 05-21-2020 07:00 PM

i ll do it...well i ll pay for the screen at Amazon but cant do it and wish someone close my home can do it...

Fazthe 07-13-2020 10:42 AM

Two Screens have cracked on my SRX

It looks like Cadillac doesn’t want to keep all the baby boomer’s business for the future! I don’t mind paying for parts/labor for my vehicle when it’s related to use, normal wear and tare and it would be an expected repair but not for a defective part! Cadillac is well aware the CEU screens are defective but they are not standing behind their product! My SRX has 53K miles, is garage kept and meticulously maintained and my screen has cracked TWICE! My husband is a service manager and he called Cadillac, same verbatim response everyone else has received “we’re so sorry to hear this”..........translation, too bad, pay for it yourself, bring more money into your Cadillac dealer so they can benefit off of your misfortune of purchasing a Cadillac. My husband has been in the industry for over 35 years and word travels fast about experiences and vehicles, I have no doubt he will be sharing with every manager, service advisor and technician our personal experience with owning a Cadillac. His service motto “make one person upset or angry and they will tell anyone and everyone they know about it and never return to your dealership”. “Be honest with people, go the extra mile, help them out (especially during a Pandemic) and they will be loyal to your place of business forever.” I just needed to vent my frustration of having TWO screens crack and after reading these treads going back 3-4 years and seeing how time after time customers were left to take care of Cadillac’s faulty part themselves, at their own expense. Looks like everyone who owns a Cadillac needs to move on to Buick Enclave, if you choose to stay loyal to General Motors! Why did I always want to own a “Cadillac”? Remind me! Time to move on!