Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Should The Warranty Cover This ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Default Should The Warranty Cover This ?

I could use a little advice regarding the GM Warranty.

I just purchased a used 04 Seville and have until the end of the year before the original (bumper to bumper) warranty runs out. When I bought the car, I noticed that the headliner in front of the sunroof, needed to be re-attached and the Service Manager indicated that he would recommend gluing it which would require leaving the car overnight. He then suggested that I drive the car for awhile, because I might notice some other things and could get them all resolved at the same time (this dealer is out of state - about 60 miles and offered to provide a free loaner). I didn’t question him on the glue idea, but what if someone needed to get under this headliner in the future ?

Well, I washed and waxed the car for the first time this past weekend, and noticed that the chrome molding around the driver’s window is missing a small piece of the chrome plating and I could get my fingernail under the broken plating and break some more off if I wanted. Look’s like an on-going problem unless fixed. Would this be covered by the GM Warranty ?

Along those same lines, I noticed that the windshield’s top rubber seal if extremely crooked (more that just wavy). Would this be something that would be covered by the GM Warranty ?

I liked the out of state dealership, but am I gaining anything by having them handle these initial buyer maintenance (warranty) items or should I just take the vehicle to a Cadillac dealership nearby ?

Thanks … Tom

Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Should The Warranty Cover This ?

If it's warranty work any caddy dealership can provide that. Go to the local one and speak to the service manager. If need be have him call the service manager at the other dealership.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Default RE: Should The Warranty Cover This ?

Thanks G.a.r.y ... sounds like the logical approach ... Tom