Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Help with 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Default Help with 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS

Hello, I am getting an error message of "Service Suspension System" and "MPH Reduced to 90" on my car. I pulled the codes and Code RSS CO577 (Left Front Solenoid Circuit Low) showed up. I cleared all codes, drove the car around the block and rechecked codes and the same code came up. Can anyone tell me what to check for?

I have only had the car for 1 month and have driven it only 200 miles. Car only has 79000 miles on it. A couple of things that I want to mention but don't know if they would have anything to do with the problem. I hand washed the car thoroughly but pressure washed the motor and wheel wells a day before the error showed up, Could I have possible jarred something loose?? Any help is Greatly Appreciated.

Thank You!!! Alice

Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Certified Members

Circuit Description
The LF damper actuator is controlled by the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module with a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) signal. Battery voltage is modulated (switched on and off) at a high frequency (2.0 kHz), thus controlling the amount of current delivered to the actuator. By controlling the amount of current to the actuator the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module can then control the damping force in the damper. A higher level of damping force is achieved by providing correspondingly higher current levels, relating to higher percentages of PWM duty cycle.
The default damper state (no battery voltage) is one that provides a minimum damping force.

Conditions for Running the DTC
  • The Ignition is on.
  • The fault is detected during three consecutive ignition cycles, or during the same ignition cycle after clearing the DTC with a scan tool.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The DTC is set when the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module measures a feedback voltage lower than a preset value during two consecutive OFF-state damper diagnostic test procedures.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message will be displayed.
  • ALL the damper actuators will be disabled by commanding 0 percent PWM duty cycle.
  • The damper relay control switch will be opened and the damper relay de-energized.
  • The vehicle speed will be limited.
  • The vehicle ride will be soft.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC/

• The scan tool can be used to clear the DTC.
  • The On-Board diagnostic CLEAR RSS CODES feature can be used to clear the DTC.
  • The DTC is saved as history when the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module no longer sees a short to ground on the damper low-side drive circuit. The DTC will clear if the fault does not return after 50 consecutive ignition cycles.
Diagnostic Aids
Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections.

Test Description
The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

1. Tests for voltage at the coil side of the LF solenoid.
  2. Verifies that the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module is providing ground to the LF solenoid.
  3. Tests if ground is constantly being applied to the . LF solenoid.

Last edited by Adams' Apple; 05-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM

I'm actually getting a 2000 Cadillac Seville soon, and I'm looking to install a navigation system, any tips?