Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Seville (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-seville-16/)
-   -   1996 Seville Fuel injection hose leak under plenum (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-seville-16/1996-seville-fuel-injection-hose-leak-under-plenum-8034/)

justtalkin 01-31-2009 04:54 PM

1996 Seville Fuel injection hose leak under plenum

My 1996 Seville recently developed a pin hole leak on the fuel injection hose that runs under the manifold plenum. I temporarily sealed it off with a piece of rubber and a small hose clamp. But, obviously the entire hose needs to be replaced. The hose appears to be plastic that was factory installed. Does anyone have any experience replacing this hose? Thanks for any advice.

slowroll 01-31-2009 08:04 PM

There is no fuel hose under plenum. Does car have black plastic or silver metal fuel rail going to injectors?

dalamak 02-19-2009 02:46 PM

Black plastic fuel rails were recalled due to leaking problems, also might want to just get an Fuel injection O-ring kit and replace them, its cheap and easy.

justtalkin 03-18-2009 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by slowroll (Post 28823)
There is no fuel hose under plenum. Does car have black plastic or silver metal fuel rail going to injectors?

Thanks for your earlier reply. My car still has the black plastic going to the injectors? Is the recall still in effect? If not, how do I replace the black plastic? It appears to be molded on the injectors somehow. Thanks for additional input.

justtalkin 08-10-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by slowroll (Post 28823)

Thanks for your earlier reply. My repair job has lasted several months, now. My 96 Seville has the black plastic fuel hose running between the injectors. How big of a job is it to replace these hoses? Does anyone make an after market kit?

justtalkin 08-10-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dalamak (Post 29382)
Black plastic fuel rails were recalled due to leaking problems, also might want to just get an Fuel injection O-ring kit and replace them, its cheap and easy.

Thanks for your earlier reply. My repair job has lasted several months, now. My 96 Seville has the black plastic fuel hose running between the injectors. How big of a job is it to replace these hoses? Does anyone make an after market kit?

stomper 08-11-2009 01:40 AM

regardless of the difficulty get it done .. an explosion there, should it happen, will likely star a fire in the engine compartment.

predictions of when such events can happen are not predicable.

slowroll 08-11-2009 07:16 PM

To find out if recalls applies to your car contact local dealer with VIN and they will be able to tell you if they need to be done. Recalls are free provided it applies to your car.

justtalkin 08-13-2009 08:44 PM

Dealership handled the recall replacement fast and efficiently.

justtalkin 06-04-2010 06:41 PM

Another fuel leak on the plastic line

My 1996 STS has suffered another fuel line leak...plastic fuel line coming up from the subframe to the fuel rail bolted to the engine. This time the leak is right where the transmission cable rubs up against the plastic fuel line. What are the replacement options? A repair kit? Or a complete replacement fuel line?