Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

02 suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Default 02 suspension problem

Hi Everyone, this post will be my debut.

I hope this is the right forum?

I just bought an 02 STS. It seems to me that the rear passenger side is a little squirrelly when going over bumps - particularly at higher speeds (40mph+). I was sitting in my driveway reading my owners manual. The engine was not running but the ignition was on. Everyfew minutes or so I would hear a noise from the rear passenger side. Sounded like a small air compressor. I assume, after looking, that these shocks/struts are managed with air. I tried to recreate the situation along with a bottle of soapy water expecting to find a leak. I was particularly checking the connection of the air hose to the shock body. I could not get any bubbles so I assume the fitting is air tight. Can anybody help me here? One side strut from the dealer is about $800.00!!! I could go after market, but would need to change both sides - also $800.00.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

Old 04-28-2009, 01:06 PM

It sounds to me like you have a hole or cracks in your airbag. The dealership typically diagnoses it as the compressor but that is only to keep you coming back and wasting more money on something that will never truly be fixed. The airbag may be the problem now but the compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag will kill the compressor. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. This is a PERMANENT fix and MUCH cheaper than the dealer. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/cadillac...parts-s/12.htm

I hope I was of some help to you

Good Luck!!!