Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

transport diary of an Cadillac Allante - Florida to Texas to California

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)
Default RE: transport diary of an Cadillac Allante - Florida to Texas to California

Zin you spent many years with airplanes and I spent many years with GM engineers! You're in trouble Zal! keep us updated!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)
Default RE: transport diary of an Cadillac Allante - Florida to Texas to California

Did it dry out Zal?

Did you get the pimple off the grille yet?

Visited my beast in the cave yesterday for the first time in over two months, Damn that is a PIA beautiful car that I love to hate!

Awaiting photo(You also Foxpaws!)

Old 02-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

She only got about 10 minutes of rain and did not soak the carpets - besides there were mats that took all the water. So the interior is fine, just fine.

The pimple is now OFF the grill .. it was a gold pimple at that. Looks nice, but it is just not my style. IF anyone needs a grill gold emblem set, almost mint, I will trade for a '87 / '88 map light assy that my kid broke yesterday on the '88. "sorry daddy " ... aggg kids .. patience .. patience ...

The ashtray walked away in transport .. but already an Allante Community member here has acquired a replacement and its coming my way .. what a network we got.

The ABS Cylinder was replaced and it is tagged " REM for GM " .. I think '03 was the date .. i forget .. .
So she has suffered and already paid for the GM's stubbornness of not requiring ABS maintenance .. WE Allante guys, know better .. she will of course get the annual brake fluid 100% FLUSH, master Cyl, pump and all brake lines .. and most likely a repeat in June or so .. if the fluid is dirty then she will again get another one in Dec or so. Every 6 months until the fluid comes out clean .. No IFs, No BUTs.

Today the engine got cleaned of heavy ac***ulation of grime, the season's dirt and leaves were cleaned off all channels, trunk, etc .. Then this evening, I powered up all systems - all A.OK .. damn.. is that a gorgeuos digital cluster .. then took a short spin, tried to see if the traction control is working and it did .. lit up in the dash when I floored her .. then returned .. this time INDOORS to the cave.

I do have some serious exterior "BEAUTY" issues that the seller "FORGOT" to mention and the pictures didnt show .. I know he's been having some health issues, so I can understand, to a point .. hopefully he will come around as a man of honor and step up to the plate, honor his reputation, so we can take care of the "forgots". If not, I'm sure you will hear about it. I got time, I got patience, you got ears.

You wanna hear something odd? She came with mini-covers ( often missing ), but NO jack .. go figure.

As far as I can tell, the drive train does what it is supposed to do, nicely. Some oil drips .. at 95k miles, expected.

This is the seller's picture with a set of beautiful VOGUE GOLD rims that WILL come off - just not my STEALTHY style .. I got a mint set of 16" OEM Allante rims going on her. Anyone wants the gold Vogue rims with some very nice Firestone 215 / 60 tires, maybe 80% thread ( I will verify) within the LA area (dont want to ship that), I'm listening .. if not, they will most likely go on the '88 until the thread is used up.

Again, this is the seller's picture and when I am done with her, she wont look the same .. yet, she will be the same, wearing different shoes, and a new coat of paint.

Our TX police contacts ran a profile on her .. seems she 1st lived in Florida, then moved to Texas and we know she was there in 1999, but returned to Florida sometime after .. to be again returned to Texas .. and now taking a nap in California.

And now, here she is ...

Old 02-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Certified Members

Stealth - She is a pretty one - glad to hear the rain didn't do any permanent damage.

I can't wait to see it with all your changes - I know it takes time - but - you got a digital camera - keep us up to date.

Although you might not like them, the digital dashes are quite amazing to watch, and somewhat addictive - keep yours in a while before switching it out to the analogs, you might find you come to like the christmas tree effect - mine got me the chance to drive a Countach...

So, been practicing some tire squeals? I have the '93 code to turn off the traction control - I don't know if it is the same for the '92s...

And if you like the difference between your 170hp 4100 and your 200hp 4500 - think how much fun I have with well over 300hp in my 4.6 northstar!!!

Bill - the Hot Rod still sits in the mechanic's bay - actually I am not pushing - nice winter storage for him. Although I do miss the 'turn me on' factor[&:] - I might have to go and just sit in him for a while - obviously I haven't had a chance to stroke that gear shift **** lately...

Old 02-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Zal,

This is something you have been talking about for years. You did it, and did it your way, no rush took your time.

Please try to treat her a little better then leaving her out in the rain with no clothes on.

Good luck dude, I know you gotta be happy as hell right now.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Zal,

This is something you have been talking about for years. You did it, and did it your way, no rush took your time.

Please try to treat her a little better then leaving her out in the rain with no clothes on.

Good luck dude, I know you gotta be happy as hell right now.

G.A.R.Y.
I'll be playing theses songs to her so she will forgive and understand.
I understand the ladies get off on these sort of songs .. so that is what she will get.

click links:

[align=center]She is a Lady - Paul Anka

She is a Lady - Tom Jones

You are all Lady - A. Hammond

It never rains in So CA

But, its all my fault

[/align]

==============================

hey, where is zinzin?

I expected that by now he be telling me I am certified nuts .. adding another stealth unit to the fleet.

Maybe I should change MY screen name to " Stealth x 2 " ....

Old 02-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Need to transport a car from Texas .. any advice?

I shipped my vette from Minnesota to San Diego. Left in the snow and....
arrived in the rain!

Hope you had as good of luck as I did!
..rickko..

Old 02-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Rickko,

that is a nice Vette .. love the color ...
well, it was nice weather when mine arrived, but that night at around 4:30 am, weather changed. She is doing just fine, dried out.

this Vette below is my dream car, when I hit the LOTTO.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

67 probably about 150 k or more, dcefinately a lottery car.

In addition to the zr1 this year they are making 505limited edition 427 ci vettes. Where will it end?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:05 AM

Stealth, I see why you like black and red. That is a beautiful Corvette! ..r..

Quick Reply: transport diary of an Cadillac Allante - Florida to Texas to California