Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Painted or modified Cadillac Allante GRILLs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Painted or modified Cadillac Allante GRILLs

And sexy is red all over...
Name:  redallover.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  64.2 KB

Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM

I like the painted mirrors. Can't figure with the price of an Allante and under the direction of one of the worlds best designers they failed to "color match" all the mirrors to the cars.
I still say for "exclusitivity" I would never remove "Cadillac" from the exterior of my car.
Just how many "Two Seat" Cadillac convertibles do you see in everyday driving? And how many other brand 2 seaters do you see?
Between the Germans and the Japanese, I see a lot!
I'm proud when someone walks around my car in a parking lot, that they can determine "who made it." (only regret is that it wasn't completely built in Detroit.)

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

zinzin,

every time I get a compliment, the person found out it is a Cadillac by looking at the tail light.
seems the grill is most always against a wall or another car.
OR they are behind me in traffic.

when the grill badge was on, no one ever saw it and complimented on the car, parked or moving.

=================

Fox,

nice RED matching GRILL , lower valance, and mirrors.
I didnt think of that being that mine are black on black cars.

Now, if you can find the Mary Kay PINK car with the PINK GRILL and PINK mirrors ..

Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Certified Members

Removing either script from the taillight requires no more than a hair dryer and a little polishing compound. Its also easier to wash without getting the towel caught up in the script and breaking it!! Its also not a permanent modification. My reason for painting just the grille surround was because of potential bug and rock chips marring the paint as I see on the one black grille shown above. This grille was one I paid $25.00 for because it was scratched up in a rollover.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: carnut

Removing either script from the taillight requires no more than a hair dryer and a little polishing compound. Its also easier to wash without getting the towel caught up in the script and breaking it!! Its also not a permanent modification. My reason for painting just the grille surround was because of potential bug and rock chips marring the paint as I see on the one black grille shown above. This grille was one I paid $25.00 for because it was scratched up in a rollover.
One can remove the scrip w/o doing damage to either the lens of the script?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

Using a hair dryer and a plastic knife, mine popped right off. It left a very faint outline of the script which I then polished out. I started out to re glue the Caddy script because it was loose. Once off, I stepped back, said "that looks better" and put it in the glove box. With what people want for either script, I would much rather have it off than to loose it!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Old 04-19-2008, 05:03 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

I've been told that after heating with a hair dryer that dental floss works well for the actual script removal.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 AM

My gosh, you folks are making my car more "exclusive" every day. All I will have to do at the big Allante car meet in the sky to win the biggest "stock" trophy is wash the car and remove the "dice" hanging from the rear view mirror, and the "suicide" **** from the wheel!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hyperion

My gosh, you folks are making my car more "exclusive" every day. All I will have to do at the big Allante car meet in the sky to win the biggest "stock" trophy is wash the car and remove the "dice" hanging from the rear view mirror, and the "suicide" **** from the wheel!
And put the rails back in ?

Wait till I get a inkling for a SUPERCHARGER on that 4500 ..ohhhh yeahhhhh !

Fox, in the dust will be even at 143 mph ! ! !

I was just thinking, those grill emblems increases drag and will slow a car down at the top end, no?

Quick Reply: Painted or modified Cadillac Allante GRILLs