Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Cadillac Allante ABS flush ac***ulator relay pump red light manual ( brake light coming on)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Cadillac Allante ABS flush ac***ulator relay pump light manual

ORIGINAL: jono6406

i agree, i got it good and straight.i think i have finally after 2 weeks come to the conclusion that i have a failing ac***ulator.i will order a recharged one and see what happens.by the way i don't care if i get flame!!! andhappy holidays to all.
jon ...,

for flaming and abuse, there is already a site over yonder, even issue trophies to fit the occasion.

flaming, not to be confused with friendly barbs and bantering between people that already know each other,
with mutual understanding.

no new comer/newby should ever be flamed, abused, be submitted to hazing & vulgarity,
or be treated like an idiot just because he/she doesnt know the cars, the site, or the lingo.

not here, not under our watch, not as long as Gary and yours truly are on patrol - thanks but no thanks.
there has got to be a safe haven for non-barbaric behavior, I like to think we are one such website.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 AM

stealth, that sounds good to me.let me say i have "given up" on trying to solve my brake problem. i talked with dick today and i adjusted my brake petal switch but that did no good. the red brake light returned so now i'm done. next thursday off she goes to my allante tech who will flush it first to see if that does the trick and/or diagnose the problem.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Jon, no amount of work on the system is going to work if as you say the pump runs everytime the brakes are depressed. You have a "flat" ac***ulator and I would suggest you take one of Dick's rebuilt kits to your technition. The pump is obviously working so I would go for the rebuilt acciumulator/master cylinder along with a new regulator and solve the problem for at least another 75,000 miles.
By the way, Dick is happy to talk to anyone you bring the car to. He straightened out my mechanic. So bring his phone number along.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 PM

thanks hype.glen turned me onto troy an old school allante tech that he knew when he lived in the tampa area.he put my drivers door panel back on after i replaced my amp and couldn't get the panel back on and he did it in less than 10 minutes.i think he is going to run the diagnostics with the 12"jumperwirefrom behind the drivers lower left kick panel. when i get info from him i will post and i will bring dick's phone number with me. by the way i wish i could have got 75k miles out of mines too.my beast only has 60,991 miles on it.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:27 AM

Jon, maybe a phone call to Dick who has been working on these things for years would be in order before going into the door for "DIC" info and codes. Monitoring the Allante net site for over five years I have never heard of any model doing this and I am sure if you have a service manual for your year it will indicate so. You will I am sure hear of this from many 92 owners on the Allante site if they are following the thread. That is the "JOY" of the DIC and the reason it was a selling point for "all" the cars.
I could be wrong but I am sure I would have heard or read of this before. Nary a mention in over five years, until yours.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 PM

hype.i talked to dick and he recommened that i do that diagnostic. he said that was the only way to pull an abs code for a 92 and if i need a part i will purchase it from him but like i said i have tried a little of everything but have not found the answer yet so now enter my mechanic.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the info Jon. Have never heard of this before. I guess with the Allante Source brake testing system no one has bothered with the DIC for ABS problems. It really is a very "simple" system. Even used in all Toyota Prius.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 AM

hype check out dick's post on allantenet (in the allanteproblems and solutions area),there this subject to put to rest. sorry you either missed it for the last 5 years or this paticular question have never been addressed.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 AM

Interesting. Don't believe I could have missed something like this. Probably because Ihave never seen the DIC mentioned concerning the brake system. It is pretty "straight forward." I didn't even think of using the DIC when I had my brake problem. You've pretty well diagnosed yours if the pump is running every time you apply the brakes. (Unless you have one horrendous fluid leak.)
Good luck

Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 PM

this friday when i get off work i will go by radio shack and purchase a jumper cord and saturday i will diagnose my brakes hooking the jumper to the A and H pins in theALDLand go thru the diagnostic procedure.i will post the codes that i find and see dick for whatever is needed.man has this car got my head swimming but soon it will all be over because i am not going tolet mybeast get the best of me.

Quick Reply: Cadillac Allante ABS flush ac***ulator relay pump red light manual ( brake light coming on)