Chrome molding help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Default Chrome molding help!!!

Hey everyone, if you read my other post you know that I just got a 86 fleetwood brougham, the body is perfect except I am missing the chrome molding on the back that connects the vinyl to the body, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I can get one...thanks!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Chrome molding help!!!

If I lived close to you I'd just show up with my tools and fix you up, only cost you a beer or two. But looks like we are thousands of miles apart. Put a photo up of the part of the car that needs the chrome. The answers are you have to search in wrecking yards and on this forum and e-bay. BUT I know some other members think you have to go OEM, but I'm guessing cash is tight. We have auto supply chains here in Canada that sell every conceiveable type of mouldings, you must have themtoo.You can get "wheel opening" trim with 3M 'never coming off ' tape on it in rolls of 18 feet for $14. I'm guessing that it would be a reasonable facsimilie until you can find the right piece. I'll share a secret. I have a 34 year old Pontiac LeMans GT and wheel trim is impossible to find for that car because it was a one year only quarter panel, I used that trim on it before I had it appraised. It fooled a professional appraiser because he made a special note in the appraisal about having the correct and complete trim.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Default RE: Chrome molding help!!!

Thanks alot for your response, I have been doing some searching online and saw that 3m chrome at a couple of different sites, I just didnt know if it would look right or if it was too rounded (the chrome on the fleetwood is pretty flat ) I will look into it though and maybe I can flatten it out a little!!!! Also I will continue my search at salvage yards. I have included a pic of the back of a newer cadillac, the chrome I am looking for is in between the vinyl top and the body above the trunk!