1969 Fleetwood 75 Radiator/Air

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Default 1969 Fleetwood 75 Radiator/Air

Hello,
I have a 1969 Fleetwood 75. I think the Radiator that is in it is an aftermarket . It appears to be not as wide as the original but thicker than the original. (by looking at the top mounting brackets)

I am installing a new engine and drive train. I wish to make sure this radiator will work efficiently. Is their any way I can tell if the radiator is going to work properly other than hooking it up and trying it out?

I also want to install new air conditioning system. The original had a unit mounted in the trunk .
It was removed along with the air scoops(air intakes). The holes where the scoops(air intakes) I had welded shut. I wish to install a air unit that will cool the car without using a rear unit.or could I still use a rear unit without the air intakes?

any suggestions or comments would greatly be accepted. Thanks In Advance.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:18 PM

Hello JokerRides,
It really depends on what engine you intend to install. This would cover the radiator and air conditioning concerns. Since you are looking at a different style engine (LS let's say) I would personally look into a 4 row radiator. This would compensate for air conditioning. I would also look into going with an engine driven set up for the A/C. Considering all the work that has been undone with the old system being removed, it may serve you well by contacting one of the speed shops on line or if you are in an area with reputable shops around talk to them for air conditioning options.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cadillac D's
Hello JokerRides,
It really depends on what engine you intend to install. This would cover the radiator and air conditioning concerns. Since you are looking at a different style engine (LS let's say) I would personally look into a 4 row radiator. This would compensate for air conditioning. I would also look into going with an engine driven set up for the A/C. Considering all the work that has been undone with the old system being removed, it may serve you well by contacting one of the speed shops on line or if you are in an area with reputable shops around talk to them for air conditioning options.
Thanks. I am installing 472 same engine (stock).no way I can use stock air system. Too outdated .