Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

K & N Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Default K & N Kit

Well,

I finally got a K & N kit on the truck this past weekend. They claim the system gets a little over 15 RWHP (I can't remember the torque numbers), but when I accelerated, it felt like a lot more than 15. Like K & N on previous vehicles, during acceleration, it's much louder, but it's a good sound to it.

I 'd love to get a supercharger/turbo for it, but I don't want worse gas mileage on it. I'm only getting around 10 mpg in town. Not only that, but I don't wantto spend the coin required for one. My turbo'd vette gets 29 mpg or so on the freeway, and I'm happy with that. This stuff gets expensive...

Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: K & N Kit

Just a warning. I took the K&N off my GMC because the oil in the filter screwed up my MAF by clogging it up. The Check Engine light came on eventually and it ran like junk. Had to remove MAF and used carb cleaner to get all that red oilysubstanceout of it that K&N soaks the filters in. Just be forewarned. I agree that the difference in throttle response is very noticeable. Ihave seen tests that show an open AC Delco paper filter actually produced more HP than the K&N. It also produces the similar sound. I think different cars react in different ways with a K&N.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: K & N Kit

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Just a warning. I took the K&N off my GMC because the oil in the filter screwed up my MAF by clogging it up. The Check Engine light came on eventually and it ran like junk. Had to remove MAF and used carb cleaner to get all that red oilysubstanceout of it that K&N soaks the filters in. Just be forewarned. I agree that the difference in throttle response is very noticeable. Ihave seen tests that show an open AC Delco paper filter actually produced more HP than the K&N. It also produces the similar sound. I think different cars react in different ways with a K&N.
what oil did you use on the K&N ?