Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac EXT (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/)
-   -   Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/faulty-door-handles-2007-escalade-12479/)

rider 01-20-2014 12:11 AM

Do you guys know if the 2009 escalade has the same problem as the 2007 ?? with the faulty door handle ??? and the cracked dash boards

shackallic 03-03-2014 03:39 PM

08 EXT Battery disconnect and reconnect fixes problem

I have a 08 EXT that the key fob once a month wont work. I have replaced batteries in smart key and in the truck. This only seems to happen once a month and after the car has been sitting over night or sitting for several days. The problem is as follows once a month some times less. I will go out to the car and press the smart key and nothing. I will cut to the chase. If I open the hood alarm blaring and disconnect the battery and reconnect it all is fine. Smart key works all functions return, new battery in car and yes cables are clean and tight. Its like the jolt of the disconnection and reconnection opens a relay that is sticking closed. What I have notice if I go into the car and cycle the key on and off and on and off some of the dash displays will return or start to come on but the car still will not start until the disconnection and reconnection of the battery. How ever on one occasion the cycling of the key did allow me to start the car. Now when this happens I disconnect the battery and reconnect and all is fine..... HELP

shackallic 03-03-2014 03:53 PM

08 EXT Battery disconnect and reconnect fixes problem

I have a 08 EXT that the key fob once a month wont work. I have replaced batteries in smart key and in the truck. This only seems to happen once a month and after the car has been sitting over night or sitting for several days. The problem is as follows once a month some times less. I will go out to the car and press the smart key and nothing. I will cut to the chase. If I open the hood alarm blaring and disconnect the battery and reconnect it all is fine. Smart key works all functions return, new battery in car and yes cables are clean and tight. Its like the jolt of the disconnection and reconnection opens a relay that is sticking closed. What I have notice if I go into the car and cycle the key on and off and on and off some of the dash displays will return or start to come on but the car still will not start until the disconnection and reconnection of the battery. How ever on one occasion the cycling of the key did allow me to start the car. Now when this happens I disconnect the battery and reconnect and all is fine..... HELP

tomden83 03-04-2014 01:21 AM

Escalade Door Handle

I have a 2007 Escalade and so far have replace both front door handles and both rear door handles. The front passenger door was replaced twice. Two days ago the rear passenger door handle broke. This is disgusting and unbelievable that Cadillac does not step up and takes responsibility for this flaw. It's cost me over a thousand dollars so far.

Cadillac Customer Service 03-04-2014 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by tomden83 (Post 48102)
I have a 2007 Escalade and so far have replace both front door handles and both rear door handles. The front passenger door was replaced twice. Two days ago the rear passenger door handle broke. This is disgusting and unbelievable that Cadillac does not step up and takes responsibility for this flaw. It's cost me over a thousand dollars so far.

Hi Tomden83,

I understand your frustration with you door handle repairs. Have you had your repairs done through a licensed Cadillac dealership or by independent mechanics? If you would like, I can research this issue for you. Please email your VIN, contact, and dealer information at socialmedia@gm.com so I may proceed.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Briank 07-08-2014 12:04 PM

Broken Escalade handle

I had 2 handles break about 8 months ago and I recently had another one break. Ironically the one that broke is one that i had paid for replacement from my dealership. Do I have any recourse on this?

Cadillac Customer Service 07-09-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Briank (Post 48727)
I had 2 handles break about 8 months ago and I recently had another one break. Ironically the one that broke is one that i had paid for replacement from my dealership. Do I have any recourse on this?

Hi BrianK,

I apologize that you are dealing with a broken handle on your Escalade. If you are interested, I would be happy to contact your dealership to see what your options are to have this handle repaired. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information if you would like me to look into this concern on your behalf.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Condorx 02-10-2015 12:01 PM

I currently have 2 broken door handles on my 2007 Escalade. I have already fixed these door handles once. This is an obvious defect. Why has there been no recall?

Briank 02-10-2015 12:08 PM

poorly quality Cadillac parts

This is a very common issue that Cadillac has refused to take responsibility for. I strongly recommend selling the car and moving away from GMC altogether. The escalade is a tahoe with more chromed plastic.
Go buy a LandCruiser. I purchased one and have been very happy with it.

cruzin 03-16-2015 10:02 PM

07 ext door handles

I have a 07 EXT with only 45,000 miles on it and my left rear door handle is coming off! I cant believe that this would be happening on a Cadillac. What is going on no a days with all these cheap parts ? We pay more but get a lesser quality. Does anyone out there know if Cadillac will fix this issue for me ? I paid a pretty good amount of money for my EXT and don't think I should have to pay for door handles I already paid for.