Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

no "go" Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Default no "go" Escalade

Hello everyone,

I need your advice. My son parked his Escalade facing down a steep hill - in frigid weather, with low fuel. It started and ran for about
45 seconds then stopped - now it won't start. Any ideas?
Thank you - he is scared to death it's something major. He is a hard working man - with some recent bad luck - including being bitten by a brown
recluse, lost work etc. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.
"worried" Mom

Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: no "go" Escalade

Hopefully you have already tried adding fuel, at least 5 gallons. Does engine turn over fast or slow? Can you hear fuel pump come on when key is turned to run? What year is it?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Thanks for responding - and soo quickly. I don't know the answer to these questions and my son is at his fathers house for
their Christmas dinner so I will reach him shortly and reply. Thanks again!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Does the engine crank? The early Escalades suffer from bad fuel sending units just like their corporate cousins Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban. I have had two not counting the original which is three, one was a warranty job on a recall.