Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

need help on Escalade exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Default need help on Escalade exhaust mod

I just purchased a 04 Escalade and would like to upgrade the exhaust with a cat back system. I expect/want the rich sound on accelleration, but I've heard that somebrands really have a problem with interior noise bouncing around creating that droning noise while cruising making it difficult to talk . Any suggestions?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: need help on Escalade exhaust mod

You know I drive a Deville and I also have a GMC (Yukon XL/Suburban). I love exhaust pipes and sound, that's why I have a muscle car in the garage. The Escalade/Yukon/Suburban exhaust sytem is a very good system from the factory. It varies from model to model but generally it is a dual system of 2.5 inches to the muffler and exits via a 3.25 inch tail pipe. I do not think the money spent will justify the small HP gains if any are realized. Most times these systems move your torque and HP up to a higher RPM range making any gains useless in normal driving, louder yes, but useless. I think that a Cadillac, eventhe King of the SUV Cadillacs,should be smooth and sound powerful yet reserved. GM already made it this way. You say you want to upgrade the exhaust but imo you'd be taking down to the gutter.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

I like the Corsa system. Nice sound, looks, great A+ quality.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Through use of these most trusted brands of exhaust can track the complete engine cycle in millionths of a second and can obtain exact technical data of each degree of cam rotation, from induction to the tip of the exhaust system, while also showing the power numbers that really matter, the power numbers "to the ground."[/i]

Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 AM

i have the flowmaster with dual tips behind the each rear wheel along with the cold air intake system there is a definate hp increase and a throaty sound that is heard inside but from what im told is really nice deep rumble and sounds mean on the outside.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 AM

i think what everyone has to keep in mind is that sound is subjective. In my own opinion i love the way that my Truck sounds with my magnaflow muffler. There is a little drone but i can still hear my music so im good.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 PM

I have the magnaflow too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty(salt in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 15629, or you can try one of the vendors