Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

get what you pay for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default get what you pay for?

Someones opinion, agree or disagree?

[/b][/align]

A) If you are going to include power steps, MAKE SURE THEY WORK. It is like owning a Range Rover, you never know if it is going to work.

B) You have a keyless entry and drive feature on two of your cars already, the XLR and STS, would it have been so hard to reach deep in that parts bin to add the same feature to the Esclade?

C) If you are going to offer DirecTV as an option why not install it at the factory. Most dealers act like they have never heard of this. I just chose not to be the first one they have ever installed.

D) Have you heard of a power steering wheel? I think it is an option on a freaking KIA!

E) You had an army of programmers who worked on the nav unit, why not get them to include an I agree page when the car starts like everyone else saying if you are playing with it and crash, I will not sue you. A shocking concept.

F) FOLD FLAT POWER 3RD ROW SEATS!!!! Navigator has had this for like 5 years!

G) BLUETOOTH! The Voice dail Onstar is CRAP. Maybe you should borrow the Voice program from Acura which uses onstar as well. Can understand anyone.

H) iPod jack and power outlet in the console. It is huge, did no one really think of this. Do you think people who drive Esclades don't use iPod's?

I) Headrest TV's!!! Not even going to go there.

J) Why did you put the stupid clock where no one can see it?

K) Esclade buyers like toys and bling, again reach into that parts bin and throw in a head up display. It was an option on a freaking 93 Altima GLE

L) Why do you insist on the use of acres of fake wood? Have you seen the wood in a Jaguar?

M) Whose idea of the wide strip of silver plastic? FIRE THEM

N) Why no hand stiching? Leather should cover ever surface of this car?

O) Why The Chevy headliner? You can buy "alcarta" for $2 a yard at walmart. I am sure they would give you bulk buyer discount!

P) Will your $100k Cadillac include wool carpet or the same nylon crap that is in a $70k Esclade? This is why no one will buy a $100k Cadillac.

Q) Yet Again, why when distronic is offered on your other cars is it not on your flagship, the Esclade?

R) Why the cheap looking steering wheel? Again are you planning to reuse it in your "$100k" Cadillac. Have you ever heard of the VW Pheaton?

S) Why not offer leather options like on the DTS? Using the cheapest leather you can find is not helping you at all.

T) Who on earth came up with the idea of one DVD slot? Can't watch a movie in the rear while using the Nav. And why not be modern and include a HDD based Nav system.

U) A freaking Dodge has a 9 gig "juke box"! Did that one just slip up on you.

V) Why do you sell a truck with 22" wheels only to include a 17" spare? Are the drugs really that good at Cadillac?

W) There is more rear leg room in a Ford 500 than in the rear of an Esclade.

X) Have you never heard of rear side airbags?

Y) How is it possible you built a $70k car in 2007 that is not a 5 star crash car? Does it really cost you like $30k to build this? I mean really, this is a Yukon with fancy bodywork.

Z) Remember those heated and cooled cupholders from the Esclade Plat Ed? Yeah they offer those in the same $15k Dodge!

I could go on but work on these 26 then we will talk.

P.S. You might want to hire someone from a BMW dealership to teach your dealers how to sell and service a $70k + car. My car should be cleaner than when I left it, not have the tech's cig butt in my ashtray! I am not buying a hot honda from auto's r us. The BMW dealer would send some 60 miles with a loaner and take my car for service. The cadillac dealer need 3 days to change the oil and sometimes offer a Catera as a loaner. WTF?[/align]