Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

2007 Escalade..Can you listen to radio in front while playing dvd in rear of vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Default 2007 Escalade..Can you listen to radio in front while playing dvd in rear of vehicle?

Just bought a used 2007 escalade and can't seem to figure out how to play a dvd in the rear of the vehicle and listen to the radio in the front of the vehicle. Does it have to do with the headphones? I only received 2 wireless headphones when I bought the vehicle, i have 3 children, so we haven't used them. Do you have to be using the headphones in order to get the radio to play in the front while their watching movies in the back??? Anyone that can give me exact instructions on how to do this??? Thanks...

Old 01-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Default RE: 2007 Escalade..Can you listen to radio in front while playing dvd in rear of vehicle?

chowns5, to my knowledge there is two way to listen to the audio from the DVD system. You can listen to the audio from the DVD through the speakers of the car using the RES setting on the radio. You can turn off the front or rear speakers or mute the entire system if you like. If you want to listen to a CD or a radio station you need to use the wireless headphones. If you have two screens like the Platinum’s, the front screen must be down to allow the headphones to pick up the signal. I have seen headphones listed on E-bay and I was told you can buy them from Best Buy and they will work. But I can not guarantee this I have not tried it.